Advising the Financial Advisor
- It's Academic. Ritchlin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p9
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the features of the journal including its review and advisory board, a column for practitioner-written papers and the strengthening of Financial Planners Association's (FPA's) connection with the academic community.
- PosSol aims to link IFAs With accountants and solicitors. Scott, Tracey // Money Marketing;5/7/2009, p7
The article reports on the establishment of Positive Solutions Ltd.'s Positive Partnerships initiative which links independent financial advisers (IFAs) with accountants and solicitors in Great Britain. The initiative allows IFAs to keep in touch with employers who seek a financial planning...
- Introduction. Stomierowski, Peg; Lorette, Kristie; Maeda, Martha // How to Open & Operate a Financially Successful Personal Financia;Jan2012, p19
An introduction to the book "How to Open & Operate a Financially Successful Personal Financial Planning Business: With Companion CD-ROM," co-authored by Peg Stomierowski and Kristie Lorette, edited by Martha Maeda is presented.
- Call for financial planner registration board. Egan, Liam // Money Management;8/13/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p11
The article discusses the issue to create a financial planner registration board (FPRB) in Australia which was raised by Puzzle Financial Advice director Bruce Baker. Its purpose is to protect consumers from Storm Financial and Westpoint-style losses, according to Baker. He proposed an FPRB that...
- Get Better Feedback From Clients. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial-planning.com;3/26/2015, p1
You can use a well-organized advisory board to get strategic advice from the people who are your most valuable assets. Here are a few suggestions for running a group.
- Breaking Up Blues. Reinhart, Len // Financial Planning;Oct2003, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p43
Gives advice on selecting a managed money provider. Factors to consider when ending a business partnership; Key factor influencing decisions to change managed money platform; Areas that define the qualities of a managed money platform.
- Small Business Owners Can't Afford to Pass Up CU Partnerships. Duplant, Jason // Credit Union Times;4/1/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p22
The article focuses on partnership of small business owners with credit unions. By partnering with credit union, business owners have access to information about credit union membership, services, products and contact to a team of professionals which can provide expert financial planning....
- Practice Tune-Up: How's Your Professional Network? Schulaka, Carly // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan/Feb2009 Practice Management, p16
The article discusses results of research conducted in 2008 by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) on how planners build their businesses. FPA found that planners are most apt to partner with tax professional, accountants, and lawyers. For growing their retirement-planning businesses,...
- The Urge to Merge: Insights from a Sole Practitioner's Search for Partners. Moisand, Dan // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p96
This article discusses the experience of the author who is a sole financial planning practitioner in looking for partners in order to create an ensemble firm. Back in 1995, a couple of friends and I started one of the first team practices at American Express. In late 1997, my partner and I left...