SMACNA MANUAL COVERS ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- High performance buildings centre. // Noise & Vibration Worldwide;Jan2010, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that Purdue University will establish a Center for High Performance Buildings worth 23.5 million dollars that is intended to design a more user friendly and energy efficient system.
- BACnet and Green. Turner, Fred // ASHRAE Journal;Nov2008, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one which describes how BACnet is being used to connect systems in creating and maintaining energy-efficient and sustainable buildings, and another by Joe Lstiburek answering the questions regarding green buildings.
- Achieving despite the challenges. Porteous, James // Ecos;Apr2009, Issue 148, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Robin Taylor discussing the impact of sustainable buildings on energy efficiency in Australia, another one examining international efforts to decouple economic growth and one on perspectives about green vehicles.
- outlook. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/16/2012, Vol. 245 Issue 16, p3
An introduction in presented in which the editor reminds on the pivotal role of ventilation and air movements, suggests to learn how contractors boost energy efficiency, and recommends solutions for building sustainability.
- Measuring PERFORMANCE. Palich, Natasha // Houses;2010, Issue 74, p033
The article focuses on the available rating tools that measure the energy consumption of sustainable houses in Australia.
- Big, Affordable, and Green. Karl, Elka // Home Energy;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on the 1400 on Fifth, a condominium green building in Harlem, New York City. Features of the building; Energy consumption of the building; Products and techniques that increase the building's energy efficiency.
- Researching energy efficiency. Faloon, Kelly // Plumbing & Mechanical;Sep2011, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p44
The article offers information on the Rehau Montana ecosmart house, currently under construction in Bozeman, Montana that will feature the latest sustainable building products and systems. It states that this living laboratory will study over a four-year period how several building systems can...
- Want IDA green? Go green, agency says. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;5/15/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 20, p13
The article reports on the move by the Industrial Development Agency (IDA) to evaluate the participation of tax break applicants in green building technologies in Westchester, New York. IDA will force an explanation requirement for applicants not using the energy-efficiency program in their...
- Concept home: Masonry, veneer stone and Martha Stewart. // Concrete Products;Feb2011, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p7
The article offers information on the "KB Home GreenHouse: An Idea Home Created with Martha Stewart," the builder's first net-zero energy home in Los Angeles, California in which it reached the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Homes Platinum ratings of the U.S. Green...