Energy Retrofits: When Is the Time to Act?
- Comparison of Measured and Predicted Ground Source Heat Pump System Operations for the ASHRAE Headquarters Building. Singh, Ramandeep; Fisher, Dan // ASHRAE Transactions;2014, Vol. 120 Issue 1, p1
The ASHRAE Headquarters Building renovation project made major changes to the HVAC system, and sensors were installed at various points to check the performance of the building. Data from the sensors are continuously recorded by the building automation system. The second floor of the ASHRAE...
- 'No Cost' School Renovation. Zorn, Robert L. // American School Board Journal;May2006, Vol. 193 Issue 5, p38
The article focuses on the renovation of three elementary schools at the Poland Local School District in Ohio. Three elementary schools have been improved and upgraded at no cost to the taxpayers. The school district has entered into a multiyear energy performance contract that allows it to pay...
- Why Retrocommission Your Building? STANGELAND, WILLIAM J. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2013, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses retrocommissioning of buildings. It emphasizes the need for property owners to retrocommission their buildings to achieve energy efficiency and create more satisfied clients. The process involves investigation, analysis, and operations-and-maintenance improvement guidelines...
- Technical-economical estimation of the renovated Lithuanian schools. Pikutis, Rimidijus; Šeduikytė, Lina // Energetika;2006, Issue 1, p22
Lithuanian school buildings constructed before World War II or during the Soviet period have many defects. Most of these buildings have problems such as excessive energy use for heating, windows that are not airtight when closed, defects in the external walls, moisture damage, indoor...
- Maintenance and Repair of Building 4, Fort Benning, Georgia: Bringing Integrated Design to Existing Buildings. Castelvecchi, Patrick; Mayfield, Robert // ASHRAE Transactions;2012, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p175
As Society Past President Gordon Holness reminded us in his presidential address, existing buildings account for 98% of our country's building stock and present some of the greatest opportunities for reducing our nation's primary energy consumption. The renovation of Building 4 at Fort Benning,...
- HIERARCHICAL SYSTEM FOR POWER MANAGEMENT OF A BUSINESS BUILDING TYPE MALL. Raychev, Rostislav; Simeonov, Simeon; Petrov, Petar // MM Science Journal;Mar2013, p386
In this publication are formed the main technical and economic requirements for system management of a commercial office building, consistent with the basic criteria for comfort and easy maintenance. Consider the formation of the organization and the functionality of the hierarchy system...
- Rehabilitation Subcode Success. Fischer, Richard // Public Management (00333611);Mar2001, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the challenges faced in applying codes to renovations of old building stock and meeting the demands of codes. Purpose of building codes; Information on the success of applying the Code of Hammurabi in Texas.
- how toâ€¦ KEEP A SPEC BUILDING PRIME. ALLEN, JO // Estates Gazette;2/5/2011, Issue 1105, p117
In this article the author offers tips on keeping a building in peak condition, which include ensuring that the building it ready to accommodate occupants, avoiding the use of poor quality products and finishes, and maintaining a regular and strict maintenance.
- Administration Building No. 1 finally reopens after $5.5 million renovation. BITSOI, ALASTAIR LEE // Navajo Times;1/15/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 2, pA-2
The article reports on the opening of the renovated Administration Building No. 1 in Navajo Nation on January 12, 2015.