Illinois Village Uses Heat-Recovery Chiller to Boost Efficiency of Police Station
- Energy solutions to raise sales to Â£3.4bn. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Dec2007, p6
The article reports on the goal of South Korean air conditioning (AC) unit manufacturer LG Electronics to increase sales by 46% to Â£3.4 billion in 2010, with its hybrid energy solutions systems. According to LG, growth will come from energy-efficient commercial AC units. Such hybrid energy...
- Searching for year-round indoor comfort: A comparison of the latest generation of heating and... Katz, Marvin G. // American Gas;Jul97, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p28
Features the ground source heat pump system, a new technology introduced in the United States. Specifications; Cost cutting mechanisms; Marketing support of the federal agencies for the system; Contributions in reducing greenhouse gas emissions; Prices. INSETS: The ground-source heat pump: How...
- Digging in the dirt. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p3
Provides information on the use of geothermal heat pumps (GHP) as space conditioning systems. Mechanism; Installation configurations; Efficiency rating and energy cost savings; Payback period for a GHP; Tips on GHP contracting.
- Geothermal heat pump design: The inside story. Lafferty, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on geothermal heating pump (GHP) design issues. Benefits of using GHPs; Technology at work in GHPs; Common areas of design failure.
- Geothermal provides comfort and dependability at -40.... // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p11
Cites the factors that influenced the decision of Blue River Resort in Canada to install a geothermal heating system in its administration building. Viability of the closed-loop application in the coldest climates.
- Water-source heat pumps--economical, flexible, and reliable. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p20
Highlights the benefits of water-source or geothermal water heat pumps. Ease of use; Installation, operating and maintenance costs; Simplicity; Reliability; Flexibility; Developments in geothermal heat pump technology.
- Want to learn more? // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p6
Presents sources of information about geothermal heat pumps. Geothermal heating and cooling teleconference; Regional training centers; Web sites.
- Geothermal heat on the rise. Klein, Jack // Energy User News;Sep98, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p50
Provides information as it relates to geothermal heating and cooling systems. Advantages of geothermal heating; Reference to a study conducted by the United States Environmental Protection Agency on geothermal heating and colling systems; Cost effectiveness of geothermal systems; Installation...
- Geothermal heating. Henkenius, Merle // Popular Mechanics;Oct98, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p104
Offers a look on the the benefits of geothermal heating and cooling systems for homes. Overview of a typical geothermal system; Equipment for geothermal heating; Estimated annual operating expenses.