Biomass-Fueled Heating Plant at Heart of University's Energy-Retrofit Program
- Study on Pyrolysis Characteristics of Biomass with TG-FTIR. GuiQiu Su; ZhongWei Zhang; HongBo Lu // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 953-954, p313
The thermal gasification characteristics of biomass straw would be studied with thermo gravimetric (TG), and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) is used for the real-time monitoring on gasification products during biomass pyrolysis. By the method of thermo gravimetric analyzer...
- Numerical Study of Solid Biomass Fuel in A Gasifier System. Ming-Yung Wang; Hsiao-Kang Ma // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 953-954, p191
In this study, the gasification processes of different Taiwan's agriculture wastes were studied by using software of Fire Dynamics Simulator (FDS), which developed by American National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), to build a model of downdraft fixed bed gasifier. Details of the...
- ChERD takes a green view. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Nov2014, Issue 881, p64
The article focuses on the special issue of "Chemical Engineering Research and Design (ChERD), which covered green processes and ecological technologies. Topics covered include an editorial about chemical engineering processes to address risks, waste treatment and energy consumption, description...
- BIOMASS LOOKING TO BUILD STEAM IN POWER MARKET. Schimmoller, Brian K. // Power Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p29
Discusses several aspects of biomass and bioenergy resources in the U.S. Estimates on the energy produced by biomass-fired power plants; Challenges in widening the commercialization of bioenergy resource; Information on the fuel used by co-fired power plants or cogeneration facilities; Details...
- BIOMASS. // TIDEE (TERI Information Digest on Energy & Environment);Mar2010, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p50
The article presents abstracts on topics about biomass which include production of bio-oil from pyrolysis of black alder wood, production of hydrogen-rich gases through pyrolysis and air-steam gasification processes, and biofuels originating from agricultural biomass.
- Biomass gasification shows great promise. Schattenberg, Paul // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/19/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p27
Information about the Texas Animal Manure Management Issues Conference held in Round Rock in Austin is presented. Topics include the resulting production of biochar and the application of biomass gasification. The conference was participated by several beef, poultry and dairy industry producers,...
- Don't expect to power tractors with cellulosic biofuels just yet. Bechman, Tom J. // Missouri Ruralist;Nov2011, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p52
The article offers agricultural-related issues in the U.S. Agriculture economist Wally Tyner says that the biofuels industry cannot meet the cellulosic production requirements of the Renewable Fuels Standard without significant advancement in technology or investment. The University of Illinois...
- U of I takes biomass research to D.C. // Prairie Farmer;May2013, Vol. 185 Issue 5, p48
The article reports on the biomass research project conducted by the University of Illinois to build a new class of crops which can be extracted directly from the plants presented at the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) summit in Washington, D.C.
- CONSUMPTION. // Global Energy Market Research: Angola;Apr2010, p6
The article reports on the energy consumption of Angola specifically on the rate of the country's use of biomass energy in 2008.