Air Force Plans BAA for Full Spectrum Cyber Operations Technology
- Current Logistics Research. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Spring2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p28
Provides information on research projects undertaken by the United States Air Force Research Laboratory Deployment and Sustainment Division to improve Air Force logistics functions at the retail and wholesale levels and protect Air Force personnel in potentially toxic environments at deployed...
- Explosively driven fast closing blast shutter. Ruden, E. L.; Ruden, E.L.; Gale, D. G.; Gale, D.G. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Oct2000, Vol. 71 Issue 10
The Air Force Research Laboratory's Directed Energy Directorate has developed a fast closing shutter for the purpose of explosive debris mitigation. The shutter forms a high vaccum seal in 15 Î¼s by the plastic deformation and pinching off of an 8 mm inside diameter profiled cartridge brass...
- Software used to develop laser protection goggles for US Air Force. // Electro Optics;Aug/Sep2010, Issue 207, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory has adopted the light and color simulation software, OptiWorks, from optical simulation software provider Optis to simulate the development of laser protection eyewear.
- Forget Rocket Ships. TELEPORT! Goforth, Sarah // Popular Science;Feb2005, Vol. 266 Issue 2, p87
Criticizes the "Teleportation Physics Study," written by physicist Eric W. Davis and commissioned by the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory. Claim of the study concerning a wormhole-stargate; Use of teleportation in space exploration; Amount of funds needed for further studies on teleportation.
- Air Force Research Laboratory. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/11/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 5, p10
The article announces that the executive George Duchak has been promoted at the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory's Information Directorate facility in Rome, New York as of February 2013.
- Aerospace manufacturers set their sights on research for future aircraft development and control. Keller, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the Air Vehicles Technology Integration Program of the United States Air Force Research Laboratory, a research program into the technologies necessary to design and control manned and unmanned airplanes. Reliance of the program on computer modeling; Contractors of the program; Amount...
- Doubt Springs Eternal. Beverley, Jim // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/16/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 32, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Fly Flexible, Fly Safe" in the August 26, 2013 issue.
- Software Technology to Enhance EW Capabilities. Herskovitz, D. // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p30
Informs on a project led by Sanders to develop an adaptive scan scheduler under a contract awarded by the United States Air Force Research Laboratory. Software technology's enhancement of the capabilities of electronic warfare; Use of adaptive software technology and a computing model called...
- AFRL SEEKS "PROACTIVE" ELECTRONIC PROTECTION. Richardson, E. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov2010, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p20
The article reports on the release of a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) by the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), RY Sensors Directorate, seeking technical and cost proposals for development of proactive electronic protect (EP) techniques and concepts.