Banks Prep Loan/Bond Deals for Rural/Metro
- Citi Opens Its First Russian Retail Branch. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;11/21/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 224, p2
Reports that Citigroup Inc. opened its first retail branch in Russia on November 20, 2002. Facilities offered by the branch in Russia; Reasons for opening a branch in Russia; Statistics on banking consumer potential in Russia.
- Predatory loan crackdown won't ruin the business. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;10/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the issues involving the operations of banking giant Citigroup Inc. in New York City. Impact of the pending bill to the lending industry; Market for subprime loans in the state; Benefits of the legislation to the business communities.
- Poland expected to let Citi bid on its biggest bank. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;1/21/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 13, p23
Reports on Citigroup Inc.'s possible issuance of a bid for Grupa Pekao, Poland's largest commercial bank. Interest owned by the Polish government in the bank; Others banks interested in acquiring a stake in Grupa Pekao; Estimated assets of the bank; Poland's policy in allowing foreign banks to...
- Citi Moving European Processing to One Irish Site . POWER, CAROL // American Banker;10/5/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 191, p20
Reports on the consolidation of the European payment processing operations of Citigroup Inc. into a single center in Dublin, Ireland. Centralization of operations for cash management, global custody, funds administration, and corporate card processing; Reasons for choosing Dublin as the...
- Will Cal Fed Customers Warm to Citi? Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;5/23/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 99, p1
Reports on the claim of Citigroup Inc. that its deal for Golden State Bancorp, the parent company of California Federal Bank, will lure younger customers towards its investment and other fee products. Reasons behind Citigroup Inc.'s attraction towards California Federal Bank; Differences in the...
- Citigroup Plans Private Banking Office in OC. Orloff, David // Orange County Business Journal;6/11/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p7
Reports on the plan of Citigroup Inc. for a private office in Orange County, California.
- Citigroup drops Salomon brand. Clark, Philip B. // B to B;06/11/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p3
Reports on Citigroup Inc.'s decision to cease using its Salomon Brothers bank brand. Reasons behind the company's decision; Citigroup's plans to promote its rebranding effort; Advantages of having a unified brand.
- Citigroup Mexico Unit Can Sue Government Over Prepayment. // American Banker;6/14/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 114, p3
Reports that Citigroup Inc.'s local unit, Citigroup Mexico, has been granted an injunction to avoid losses linked to prepayment from financial regulators. Suit filed against Mexico's federal deposit insurance agency; How contracts were violated.
- Law firm doubles its space on Sixth. GEIGER, DANIEL // Crain's New York Business;3/25/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p5
The article reports that and Silverstein Properties and it's partner California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS) have signed a lease for 15,375 square feet space at the 47-story tower at 1177 Sixth Avenue with law firm Drinker Biddle & Reath.