iPayment Selling Bonds for Refinancing
- iPayment Bonds Price Talk Set. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/2/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p29
This article reports on the launch of price talk on a bond offering of credit and debit card processing service provider iPayment in the U.S. in 2011.
- European carriers turn to `junk'. // Telecommunications - International Edition;May99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the efforts of European telecommunication carriers to use junk bond markets in raising cheap capital and finance future growth. Revival of corporate interest in junk bonds in the United States; Reasons why companies turn to junk bonds to raise capital.
- European HY Volume Reaches New Annual Record. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/18/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p24
The article reports that European junk bond volume reached 42.6 billion U.S. dollars in 66 deals in 2010 compared with 38.2 billion U.S. dollars in 2009.
- Fitch: HY Defaults Up in Q3 But Still Low. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/25/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p10
This article reports on an increase in U.S. junk bond defaults in the third quarter of 2010.
- Every portfolio needs a little junk. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;04/26/99, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p32
Looks at the growth of companies that issue junk or high-yield bonds. Features of high-yield bonds; Advantages of investing in high-yield bonds; Comparison with government bonds.
- Investors weary of too many junk telecom deals. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/31/99, Vol. 65 Issue 22, p8
Reveals that junk bond offerings in the United States in the week of May 31, 1999 of various telecommunication companies were hit with price widening. Pricing for the offerings of Nextlink Communications Inc. and KPN-Qwest N.V.; Supply and demand for bonds; Implications of the bond market...
- Riskiest bonds now make up more of junk mart than ever. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/99, Vol. 65 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the surge of default rate on high-yield bonds in the United States in 1999. Impact of tolerance for credit risk during 1997 and 1998; Percentage of junk bonds rated B3 or Caa; Effect of extended slump in oil prices.
- Wall Street Bemoans Junk Bonds' Fall From Favor with Investors. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/10/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p17
Reports the performance of junk bonds in the United States for year 1999. Impact of the weak performance of junk market on Wall Street players; Companies included in the top ranking list in the junk market; Factors affecting the market decline.
- Winning Ugly. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/24/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 17, p16
Focuses on the growing competition in the junk bond market in the United States for the first quarter of 2000. Amount of total junk bonds invested in the market; Details of factors that encouraged competition among investors; Growth of competition.