Instability Dependency of Osteoarthritis Development in a Rabbit Model of Graded Anterior Cruciate Ligament Transection
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy shows chondroprotective effects in osteoarthritic rat knee. Wang, Ching-Jen; Weng, Lin-Hsiu; Ko, Jih-Yang; Sun, Yi-Chih; Yang, Ya-Ju; Wang, Feng-Sheng // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Aug2011, Vol. 131 Issue 8, p1153
Purpose: This study investigated the effects of extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT) on the subchondral bone and articular cartilage in the initiation of osteoarthritis of the knee in rats. Methods: Anterior cruciate ligament transected (ACLT) osteoarthritis (OA) rat knee model was used in...
- Reconstructive versus non-reconstructive treatment of anterior cruciate ligament insufficiency. A retrospective matched-pair long-term follow-up. Streich, Nikolaus A.; Zimmermann, David; Bode, Gerrit; Schmitt, Holger // International Orthopaedics;Apr2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p607
In this retrospective case series 80 patients divided in 40 matched pair groups with an arthroscopically proven ACL insufficiency were followed up for 15 years. One half was reconstructed using an autologous BTB patella graft, the other half was treated by a conservative physiotherapeutic based...
- Quantifying the pivot shift test: a systematic review. Lopomo, Nicola; Zaffagnini, Stefano; Amis, Andrew // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Apr2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p767
Purpose: This study aims to identify and summarize the evidence on the biomechanical parameters and the corresponding technologies which have been used to quantify the pivot shift test during the clinical and functional assessment of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury and surgical...
- The isometry of two different paths for remnant-preserving posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Jung, Ho-Joong; Kim, Jin; Lee, Han; Koo, Seungbum; Chang, Seung-Hwan; Jung, Young; Lee, Sang // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;May2013, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1029
Purpose: It is reported that the length of the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) fibres increases as the knee flexes, and the magnitude of the length change reaches up to 9.8 mm throughout the range of motion, which exceeds the range of failure strain. Therefore, we postulated that a...
- Anatomic double-bundle ACL reconstruction. Vyas, Shall M.; Fu, Freddie H. // Orthopedics Today;Mar2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p6
The article offers information on the anatomic double-blind anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction.
- Surgical ACL reconstruction has excellent results in the adolescent patient. Beadling, Lee // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p10
This article discusses a study which examined the safety and effectiveness of surgical repair in the treatment of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) lesions in adolescent patients.
- ACL RECONSTRUCTION -- IT'S ALL ABOUT TIMING. Evans, Stephanie; Shaginaw, Justin; Bartolozzi, Arthur // International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy;Apr2014, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p268
Injury to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is the most common ligamentous injury, ranging from up to 200,000 injuries per year in the United States. Sports such as soccer, football, and skiing have been reported to be high-risk sports that can cause injury to the ACL when compared to other...
- Erratum to: Can physical examination predict the intraarticular tear pattern of the anterior cruciate ligament? Yoon, Kyoung; Lee, Sang; Park, Soo; Kang, Dong; Chung, Kee // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Oct2014, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p1459
A correction to the article "Can physical examination predict the intraarticular tear pattern of the anterior cruciate ligament?" that was published in a previous issue is presented.
- The influence of the intercondylar notch dimensions on injury of the anterior cruciate ligament: a meta-analysis. Zeng, Chao; Gao, Shu-guang; Wei, Jie; Yang, Tu-bao; Cheng, Ling; Luo, Wei; Tu, Min; Xie, Qiang; Hu, Zheng; Liu, Peng-fei; Li, Hui; Yang, Tuo; Zhou, Bin; Lei, Guang-hua // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Apr2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p804
Purpose: The aim of this meta-analysis was to examine the effect of the intercondylar notch dimensions, intercondylar notch width index (NWI) and intercondylar notch width (NW), separately in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury. Methods: The PubMed and Wanfang database were searched through...