Alpha to Mine HY Market for $1.7B
- Alpha to Mine HY Market for $1.7B. M. S. // Leveraged Finance News;4/18/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the junk bond offering released by Abingdon, Virginia-based coal supplier Alpha Natural Resources Inc. It mentions that the 1.7 billion dollars deal was done to finance its acquisition of coal producer Massey Energy Co. along with its 3.3 billion dollars debt from...
- Buyout Would Create Third-Largest Met Coal Producer. Johnsen, Becky // Region Focus;Summer2011, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p3
The article focuses on the agreement of Virginia coal producers Alpha Natural Resources Inc. and Massey Energy Co. to combine in order to create the world's third-largest producer of metallurgical coal for making steel.
- UBB Memories Will Last After Massey Is Gone. Ross, Jim // State Journal (WV);4/1/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p6
The article reports that Massey Energy Co. is set to be acquired by Alpha Natural Resources Inc. before the second anniversary of the mine explosion and the death of 29 miners at the Upper Big Branch in West Virginia.
- Alpha, Massey Stockholders Approve Sale. Ross, Jim // State Journal (WV);6/3/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p2
The article reports on the acquisition of Massey Energy Co. which was approved by the stockholders of Alpha Natural Resources Inc. that makes the country's third-largest coal producer as well as the world's third-largest producer of metallurgical coal.
- Alpha/Massey Merger Opens New Chapter. // State Journal (WV);6/3/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p16
In this article, the author discusses the merger of Alpha Natural Resources Inc. and Massey Energy Co. in West Virginia in 2011.
- As Massey Exits Block, Alpha May Climb On. Loesser, Ernest // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/25/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p1
The article reports that even though $2 billion market cap Massey Energy Co. did not sign a sale following its nine-month strategic review, consolidation among Appalachian coal producers is tough. It reports that industry observers are expecting increased consolidation among mid-sized and...
- Massey sale approved; Alpha Natural Resources acquires Massey for $7.1 billion. // Mining Engineering;Jul2011, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p18
The article reports on the decision of shareholders to approve the takeover of Massey Energy Co. by Alpha Natural Resources on June 1, 2011. The latter is expected to emerge as the third largest producer of metallurgical coal due to the merger. The number of employees of the combined companies...
- Supreme Court Denies Motion in Coal Merger Suit. Lannom, Andrea // State Journal (WV);6/3/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p9
The article reports on the denial of the motion for preliminary injunction which entails the merger between Alpha Natural Resources Inc. and Massey Energy Co. in Charleston, West Virginia It notes that this motion for injunction filed by shareholders was denied by the West Virginia Supreme Court...
- Alpha Natural Resources and Massey Energy agree $8.5 billion combination. // Coal International;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 259 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the agreement between Alpha Natural Resources Inc. and Massey Energy Co. that Alpha will acquire all outstanding shares of Massey's common stock which will be subject to customary closing conditions. It states that the agreement placed a value of 69.33 dollars per share of...