- Doctored results. Kippen, A. // Washington Monthly;Oct90, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p38
Examines some of the shady practices going on between doctors, medical journals and drug companies. Surgical incentives; Pharmaceutical sales; Honoraria based on drug prescriptions; Drug company supplements in medical journals; Medical symposia.
- Wisconsin finds some price discrimination. // Drug Topics;8/7/95, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p7
Reports on a Wisconsin study which found evidence that some manufacturers and wholesalers may be granting illegal discounts to hospital and health maintenance organization (HMO) pharmacies.
- Full court press coming on short Rxs. // Drug Topics;2/16/98, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p7
Reports that there will be investigations on drugstores in the United States which charge full fees for short-filled prescriptions. Reference to a lawsuit in Florida filed against Eckerd; Identification of other companies involved in this practice.
- How R.Ph.s can avoid being taken in by scam artists. McCann, Jean // Drug Topics;2/16/98, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p80
Presents a look at how R.Ph.s can avoid being taken in by scam artists. Views from Ronald Buzzeo, a pharmacist-consultant who worked for the Drug Enforcement Administration for years, on scammers in search of controlled substances; Comments made by Buzzeo during the Second Conference on Pain...
- The other drug lords. // Common Cause Magazine;Fall92, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p8
Examines the power of the pharmaceutical industry and its lobbyists to control the fate of drug-related reforms and other legislation in Congress. Defeat of Arkansas Senator David Pryor's amendment to cut a tax break enjoyed by drug companies with factories in Puerto Rico; Price gouging; Drug...
- The other drug war here at home. // U.S. News & World Report;9/11/89, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p11
Discusses the battle between brand-name pharmaceutical companies and the generic-drug industry. Food and Drug Administration probe into generic-drug products; Scandal; Costs.
- Peddling data. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;10/10/94, Vol. 138 Issue 19, p103
Reports on the collection of product prescription information and drugstore pricing policies by software companies for sale to interest groups in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Prescription drug industry must be reformed. Pryor, David // USA Today Magazine;Mar94, Vol. 122 Issue 2586, p74
Argues for a reform in the pharmaceutical industry. High cost of prescription medications; Tax credits and tax break given to the pharmaceutical industry; Findings of a report by the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP); Report by the Senate Special Committee on Aging; Inability of...
- Madison Avenue medicine. Rosenthal, E. // Discover;Oct88, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p34
Opinion. Describes how drug-company representatives try to influence doctors to use their brand of drugs. Gifts given over the years; Dinners and sports tickets; Ethics.