Ontario unveils regulations for retirement homes
- Retiree Heath Benefits in the Coal Industry: A Final Solution to the High Cost of Easy Promises? Woodrum, John R. // Energy & Mineral Law Institute;2008, Issue 28, p219
The article presents information on the health benefits of retirees in the coal industry in the U.S. An overview is provided on the enactment of the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 (Coal Act). it examines how a commitment to give lifetime health benefits in the industry and the...
- Financial Reporting of Retiree Health Care Benefits: An Assessment. Ives, Martin // Journal of Government Financial Management;Summer2010, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p44
The article offers information on the financial reporting of a retiree's health care benefits. It says that Statement No. 45 or Accounting and Financial Reporting by Employers for Postemployment Benefits Other Than Pensions (GASB 45) in the U.S. makes the retiree health care benefits cost to be...
- Employers can cut health benefits for the Medicare-eligible. // Work-Life Newsbrief & Trend Report;May2008, p4
The article reports on a ruling issued by the U.S. Supreme Court that allows employers to reduce the health benefits for retirees turning 65 years old and becoming Medicare-eligible. The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) contends that cutting older retirees' health benefits violates...
- Ruling Means Retiree Healthcare Suit Against Chicago Continues. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/8/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34422, p1
Key portions of a lawsuit filed by a group of Chicago retirees to block the city's attempt to phase out their healthcare subsidies can proceed, a state court judge ruled.
- Retiree Health Benefits: Changes in rules could save Kyle millions. Nelson, Beth // Free Press (Buda, TX);3/4/2009, Vol. 105 Issue 48, p3A
The article provides information on the actions taken by the Kyle City Council to counter the proposal to cut retiree health benefits in Texas.
- THE ERLENBORN/BURTON ACT: PANACEA OR PLACEBO. Dowdell, Donald A. // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Sep83, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the Erlenborn/Burton Act passed by the U.S. Congress which amends the preemption provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Issues raised by the Erlenborn/Burton Act.
- Pension funds are not city assets. Malikulmulk, Mujahid // Michigan Citizen;4/13/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 23, pA8
The article discusses the lack of public legal argument about the classification of pension funds as not belonging to the assets of the city in Detroit, Michigan.
- Senate Committee Chairman Blesses FASB Draft. Barlas, Stephen; Shillam, Paul; Williams, Kathy // Strategic Finance;Aug2006, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p26
The article reports that Richard Shelby, a U.S. senator from Alabama and the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee supports the U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board's (FASB) Phase 1 Proposal on accounting guidance for retiree healthcare, pensions and other employer-sponsored...
- Which can fits best? Day, Craig // Money Management;9/1/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p23
In this article, the author discusses the proposal of the Australian government to retain higher concessional contributions caps for pensioners aged 50 or over. He outlines the elements of the proposal that includes a higher cap of $25,000 over and above the concessional cap of $25,000, the...