- Dosimetric implications of two registration based patient positioning methods in prostate image guided radiation therapy (IGRT). Rivest, D. Ryan C.; Riauka, Terence A.; Murtha, Albert D.; Fallone, B. Gino // Radiology & Oncology;2009, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p203
Background. We compare the dosimetry of daily patient positioning based on prostate matching versus bone matching for patients treated with helical tomotherapy. Methods. Ninety-nine pre-treatment 3D megavoltage (MV) CT images of four high risk prostate patients were registered to their...
- Quantification of diphosphonate uptake based on conventional bone scanning. Brenner, Winfried; Bohuslavizki, Karl Heinz; Sieweke, Nicole; Tinnemeyer, Stephan; Clausen, Malte; Henze, Eberhard // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine;1997, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p1284
Up to now there has been no routinely used and easy-to-perform method for the quantification of bone uptake. Therefore, we have evaluated the clinical practicability of a new and simple method for the measurement of bone uptake based upon conventional threephase bone scanning. In 13 patients...
- Bone ultrasound assessment in the elderly: Ankle oedema as a source of imprecision. Johansen, Antony; Stone, Mike // Age & Ageing;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 25, p13
Presents an abstract of the study `Bone Ultrasound Assessment in the Elderly: Ankle Oedema as a Source of Imprecision,' by Antony Johansen, Mike Stone and Wil Evans, presented during the Communications to the Spring Meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on April 11-13, 1996 in Canterbury,...
- Investigation of ancient human bone by means of ionoluminescence and Î¼PIXE. Spemann, D.; Jankuhn, St.; Vogt, J.; Butz, T. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 576 Issue 1, p428
We studied diagenetic alterations on ancient human bones by means of ionoluminescence and Î¼PIXE. It was found that diagenetically altered regions show an orange-red luminescence activated by Mn[sup 2+] ions. In order to study the incorporation of Mn into the bone mineral in more detail,...
- BONE TEXTURE ANALYSIS ON CALCANEUS DIGITIZED RADIOGRAPHIC IMAGES: DISCRIMINANT VALUE IN OSTEOPOROSIS. // Osteoporosis International;Mar2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 17, pS108
The article presents the abstract of the research "Bone Texture Analysis on Calcaneus Digitized Radiographic Images: Discriminant Value in Osteoporosis."
- Update on Bone Densitometry. // Radiologic Technology;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p171BD
A quiz concerning development in bone densitometry is presented.
- Definitive bone measurement. Danoff, Robert; R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;9/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p108
Discusses the use of biopsy as a definitive bone measurement test for osteoporosis. Available noninvasive techniques; Type of x-ray measurement to be done.
- Bone scanning in clinical oncology: does it have a future? Jacobson, Arnold F.; Fogelman, Ignac // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine;1998, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1219
Editorial. Speculates on the implications of bone scintigraphy for clinical oncology. Proponents of the elimination of bone scintigraphy in oncology; Value of bone scan in oncology; Factors to consider in the reliability and utility of an imaging method.
- Bone scans for prostate cancer often superfluous. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1993, Issue 66, p11
Criticizes the submission of men diagnosed with prostate cancer to nuclide bone scans as unnecessary and wasteful. Experts' opinions on applicability of bone scans; PSA blood test sufficiency.