Celebrating six top achievements in health research
- IN MEMORIAM. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/19/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 8, p622
The article presents an obituary for orthopedic surgeon Cyril B. Frank.
- A DISCUSSION WITH CYRIL B FRANK. Chan, Lillian // Wellness Options;2006, Issue 29, p28
The article presents an interview with Cyril B. Frank, scientific director at the Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis at the Canadian Institutes of Health Research. The article focuses on joint injuries and osteoarthritis (OA). According to Frank, while OA is classified as...
- Essay for the CIHR/CMAJ award: improving access to hip and knee replacement and its quality by adopting a new model of care in Alberta. Frank, Cyril; Marshall, Deborah; Faris, Peter; Smith, Christopher // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/5/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 6, pE347
An essay is presented on the research regarding the impact of the model of care pilot study in Alberta to joint replacement care by Cyril Frank and colleagues, winner in the 2009-2010 Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)/Canadian Medical Association Journal(CMAJ) health research...
- Erratum to: One-year follow-up of mud-bath therapy in patients with bilateral knee osteoarthritis: a randomized, single-blind controlled trial. Fioravanti, A.; Bacaro, G.; Giannitti, C.; Tenti, S.; Cheleschi, S.; Guidelli, G.; Pascarelli, N.; Galeazzi, M. // International Journal of Biometeorology;Sep2015, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p1345
A correction to the article "One-Year Follow-Up of Mud-Bath Therapy in Patients With Bilateral Knee Osteoarthritis: A Randomized, Single-Blind Controlled Trial" that was published in a March 2015 online ssue is presented.
- SWEET RELIEF. // Shape;Oct2013, p120
The article suggests use of prolotherapy for treating osteoarthritis in which dextrose is injected around the knee joint.
- Home treatment for deep-vein thrombosis is safe and effective. // Modern Medicine;Jul96, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p60
Presents an abstract on articles about the safety of deep-vein thrombosis home treatments by M. Levine, M.M.W. Koopman et al published in the March 14, 1996 issue of the `New England Journal of Medicine'.
- Antithrombotic agent. // Geriatrics;June97, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p21
Focuses on danaparoid sodium (Orgaran) injection for prevention of postoperative deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in patients undergoing elective hip replacement surgery. Recommended dosage of the agent; Most common adverse reactions of the agent.
- Using published, institutional data to evaluate the cost effectiveness of DVT prophylaxis. Wade, William E.; Taylor, A. Thomas // Formulary;Dec96, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p1203
Reviews the pharmacologic therapies for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) prophylaxis in patients undergoing major orthopedic surgery. Prevention of DVT; Use of low molecular weight herpins; Administering the drug to total hip replacement and knee replacement surgery patients. INSET: Treatment of DVT..
- Rivaroxaban Tablets (Xarelto). Elliott, William T.; Chan, James // Internal Medicine Alert;8/15/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p117
The article offers information on the drug for the treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), Rivaroxaban, which was developed by Bayer in the U.S.