A qualitative study of Canada's experience with the implementation of electronic health information technology
- Canada Health Infoway and the pan-Canadian Electronic Health Record. Cecutti, Mary Anne // Clinical Leadership & Management Review;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, Special section pE1
The article offers information on Canada Health Infoway and the pan-Canadian electronic health record (EHR). Infoway is referred as a federally funded organization which recognized a need to integrate many disparate health information technology (IT) systems across the country. It says that EHR...
- C-HOBIC showcased at Infoway event. // Canadian Nurse;Feb2008, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p21
The article reports that the Canadian Health Outcomes for Better Information and Care (C-HOBIC) project was showcased at a reception held by Canada Health Infoway in Ottawa, Ontario. It states that this initiative will set up a systematic, structured language to the common elements of patient...
- CNA takes the lead in Canada Health Infoway's C-HOBIC project. // Canadian Nurse;Sep2007, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p18
The article reports on a contract signed by the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) with Canada Health Infoway to commence the process of incorporating standardized nursing-sensitive patient outcome information in electronic health records (EHR). It says that the Infoway's C-HOBIC project extends...
- National standards for electronic health records remain remote. Christopher, Paul // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/15/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 9, p888
The article presents a reprint of the article "National standards for electronic health records remain remote," by Paul Christopher, which appeared in the www.cmaj.ca. It says that confusion and disarray surrounds the building of national infostructure for electronic health records (EHR) of...
- Infoway tacks towards "networked" patients. Webster, Paul Christopher // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/8/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 4, pE223
The article focuses on the promotion of Canada Health Infoway Inc. for the access of patients and physicians to electronic medical records (EMRs). Chief technology officer Dennis Giokas addressed that the access of patients to health records will change health care delivery and the way of...
- NEWS from the world of HIT. Rich, Pat // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/18/2014 Future Practice, p3
The article presents the highlights of a document released by research firm Canada Health Infoway at the end of 2013 on clinicians' use of mobile devices and mobile applications.
- Infoway to seek clinical advice. Webster, Paul Christopher // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/18/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 15, pE1113
The article reports the appointing by Canada Health Infoway Inc. of a Clinical Council which will be chaired by doctor Michael Golbey, as a response on the complains that they lacked clinical in-house experts.
- E-health saves money, report says. Cross, Catherine // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/9/2013, Vol. 185 Issue 10, pE468
The article focuses on the PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada Foundation study conducted by the electronic health monitoring organization Canada Health Infoway Inc. which reports that electronic medical records (EMR) saved 1.3 billion U.S. dollars of the health care system from 2006 to 2012.
- A Path to Uniform Health Transaction Standards: Minnesota's New Uniform Electronic Transactions and Implementation Guide Standards. Zylla, Emily B.; Bunnell, Wendy W. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p28
The article features Minnesota's new uniform electronic transactions and implementation guide standards. These standards are directed at group purchasers of health services including employer-sponsored group health plans. This requires that effective July 15, 2009, all group purchasers must...