- Insite: A Harm Reduction Success Story. Jones, Simon // UBC Medical Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p47
The article reports on a judgment by the Supreme Court of Canada which unanimously ruled in favor of Insite, Vancouver, British Columbia's safe injection facility, guaranteeing that its vulnerable users will continue to benefit well into the future from the harm reduction services it offers....
- ANALYSIS. Vancouver's supervised injection facility challenges Canada's drug laws. Dooling, Kathleen; Rachlis, Michael // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/21/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 13, p1440
The article presents a reprint of the article "Vancouver's supervised injection facility challenges Canada's drug laws," by Kathleen Dooling and Michael Rachlis, which appeared at www.cmaj.ca. It explores the formation of harm reduction initiatives as part of the antidrug strategy towards...
- Regulation. // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2013, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p10
The article discusses the Supreme Court of Canada's denial of the application for appeal by automobile insurance policyholder Nicola Zefferino for his breach of duty lawsuit against the Meloche Monnex Insurance Co., including the introduction of a legislation to lower the insurance premiums of...
- HIV CASE APPEALED TO SUPREME COURT. McKinnon, Neil // Xtra (Toronto);12/30/2010, Issue 683, p12
The article reports on the appeal of an HIV-positive man, sentenced to 14 years in prison for not disclosing his serostatus to sexual partners in 2008, to the Canada Supreme Court for his new sentence of 10 more months.
- Mountie murderer appeal denied. // Hub (Hay River, NT);11/21/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 39, p1
The article reports that the Canadian Supreme Court denied the appeal of convict Emrah Bulatci, who shot and killed Constable Christopher Worden on October 6, 2007.
- Spotlight: FDA Acts to Reduce Harm from Opioid Drugs. // Dental Assistant;May/Jun2011, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p44
The article offers information on the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS), a risk education program of U.S. Food and Drug Administration as part of the effort of the White House to reduce the misuse, abuse, and misprescription of opioids drugs. It says that REMS will focus on...
- First rule: do no harm. // Baltic Times;5/30/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 830, p4
The article reports that the 23rd International Harm Reduction Conference to be held in Vilnius, Lithuania from June 9-12, 2013 will be supported by the Elton John AIDS Foundation which also be the official sponsor of the International Drugs and Harm Reduction Film Festival 2013.
- power of the plate. Cavion, Lisa // Yoga Journal;Aug2013, Issue 257, p10
A letter ot the editor is presented in which the author requests that more vegan recipes be incorporated into food articles.
- Safety programme in schools aims to reduce cycling accidents. // Emergency Nurse;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the programme created by paediatric nurse Angie Lee of the Bicycle Helmet Initiative Trust which aims to teach children about the significance of wearing safety helmets when riding bicycles.