Grief therapy for those left behind
- Grief. Ringold, Sarah; Lynm, Cassio; Glass, Richard M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;6/1/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 21, p2686
Focuses on the symptoms, classification, and treatment of grief. Definition of grief as emotional and physical response to the loss of a loved one; Emotional responses associated with grief, including sadness, anger, guilt, and despair; Potential use of psychotherapy for the alleviation of the...
- PAULA LITTLE. BEHRMANN, GLENDA // Catholic Digest;Apr2009, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p85
The article features Paula Little, nominee for the 2009 Good Egg Awards of the periodical "Catholic Digest" in the U.S. Little worked in hospice for seven years, which is said to have made her aware of the need to support adults coping with loss. She started a grief counseling class called...
- HOME-HEALTH AGENCIES AND HOSPICES. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p12B
Lists information about home-health agencies and hospices in Indianapolis, Indiana. Acme Health Service Inc.; Chartwell Indiana; Allied Home Care.
- Girling Hospice Cuts Ribbon. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/31/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 31, p10A
A photograph is presented of the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new location of the Girling Hospice Texas hospice care provider at 1001 S Water Street, Suite B in Burnet, Texas on July 25, 2013.
- Parish-sponsored hospice: A home where dying is a vital part of life. Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;1/24/97, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p3
Describes the activities and patients in the parish-run hospice in New York known as Isaiah House. Founding history of Isaiah House; Purpose of Kathie Quinlan, Isaiah House's director, for attending to hospice care patient; Medical volunteers at Isaiah House. INSETS: Dying's paperwork, by...
- The integration of hospice programs in nursing homes. Knight, Aubrey L. // American Family Physician;2/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p424
Presents information pertaining to the interest within the United States concerning the hospice programs. What have resulted from a aging of population along with efforts of third-party payers to shorten inpatient lengths of stay; Information on nursing homes; Contribution of factors; Details...
- Hospice programs. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/30/96 Supplement Lists, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p126
Presents a list of hospice programs in New Orleans, Louisiana. Information on telephone and facsimile numbers.
- Hospice growing presence in area. Raphael, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p3
Reports on expansion of hospices for terminally-ill patients in Michigan. Care in a cost-effective environment; Charges; Service capacity; Eligibility; Financing; More.
- In memorian. // Architectural Digest;Jun96, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p208
Announces the realization of a dream for John Davis in the opening of the Millennium House, an AIDS hospice on the Upper East Side of New York City. People who supported him in this endeavor; Some of the interior designers and antique dealers who have died of AIDS that this hospice is a tribute to.