Grief therapy for those left behind
- Grief. Ringold, Sarah; Lynm, Cassio; Glass, Richard M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;6/1/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 21, p2686
Focuses on the symptoms, classification, and treatment of grief. Definition of grief as emotional and physical response to the loss of a loved one; Emotional responses associated with grief, including sadness, anger, guilt, and despair; Potential use of psychotherapy for the alleviation of the...
- HOME-HEALTH AGENCIES AND HOSPICES. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p12B
Lists information about home-health agencies and hospices in Indianapolis, Indiana. Acme Health Service Inc.; Chartwell Indiana; Allied Home Care.
- Hospice programs. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/30/96 Supplement Lists, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p126
Presents a list of hospice programs in New Orleans, Louisiana. Information on telephone and facsimile numbers.
- Girling Hospice Cuts Ribbon. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/31/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 31, p10A
A photograph is presented of the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new location of the Girling Hospice Texas hospice care provider at 1001 S Water Street, Suite B in Burnet, Texas on July 25, 2013.
- Symptom Burden, Depression, and Spiritual Well-Being: A Comparison of Heart Failure and Advanced Cancer Patients. Bekelman, David B.; Rumsfeld, John S.; Havranek, Edward P.; Yamashita, Traci E.; Hutt, Evelyn; Gottlieb, Sheldon H.; Dy, Sydney M.; Kutner, Jean S. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;May2009, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p592
A lower proportion of patients with chronic heart failure receive palliative care compared to patients with advanced cancer. We examined the relative need for palliative care in the two conditions by comparing symptom burden, psychological well-being, and spiritual well-being in heart failure...
- Family Focused Grief Therapy (Book). Monroe, Barbara // Palliative Medicine;Jan2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p85
Reviews the book 'Family Focused Grief Therapy,' by David Kissane and Sidney Bloch.
- Family focused grief therapy: A model of family-centred care during palliative care and bereavement (Book). Jean, Carole // Family Matters;Winter2003, Issue 65, p77
Reviews the book "Family Focused Grief Therapy: A Model of Family-Centred Care During Palliative Care and Bereavement," by David W. Kissane and Sidney Bloch.
- IG: Many hospice patients not terminally ill. Snow, Charlotte // Modern Healthcare;11/10/97, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p46
Focuses on a report by the Department of Health and Human Service's Inspector General's office, which revealed that Medicare has overpaid 12 large hospice providers over $83 million for long-term patients who were not terminally ill. Basis of the report's conclusion; Factors which the problem is...
- NEWS IN BRIEF: IOWA. // Advocate;4/24/90, Issue 549, p20
Reports on an arson incident in Iowa forcing the evacuation of an Evansdale AIDS hospice. Details about the incident.