Dietary guidelines tell Americans to eat less food, but not what kind
- MULTI DILEMMA. SCHARDT, DAVID; SCARMO, STEPHANIE // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Nov2013, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p1
The article explores the efficacy of multivitamins as it notes that for most Americans, a multivitamin is an insurance against a less-than-perfect diet. It elaborates on iron, vitamins B-12 and D, and folic acid, as well as suggests that it is worth taking a multivitamin if it supplies nutrients...
- on your mind. // Consumer Reports on Health;Aug2000, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
Answers questions related to health nutrition. Information on the nutrients needed in the body to replenish energy for unbalanced diet; Details on the study on nutritional food aggravates for arthritis; Physiological effects of aging regarding vitamin B12.
- NUTRITION HOTLINE. MANGELS, REED // Vegetarian Journal;2015, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p2
The article presents an answer to a question whether vegans have to take vitamin B12 supplements.
- We'll have to wait and see about vitamin D. Schultz, Hank // Functional Ingredients;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 100, p11
The author discusses the release of U.S. Department of Agriculture dietary guidelines in October 2010 and the recommended dosage for vitamin D.
- VITAMIN B12. KALMANSOHN, DAVID // Vegetarian Times;Jun2015, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p20
The article offers information on health benefits of Vitamin B12. Topics discussed include its importance in nerve cell functioning, formation of red blood cells and synthesis of DNA, and symptoms of deficiency such as fatigue, weakness and numbness. Also are mentioned active forms of Vitamin B...
- Nutrition/DIET. Hammock, Delia A. // Good Housekeeping;Jun99, Vol. 228 Issue 6, p145
Examines the nutritional values of folate, vitamins D and B12. Recommendations from the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Sources of folate; Sources of vitamin D and B12; Explanations from medical experts.
- Do You Need More Vitamin B12? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Jul2011, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, which recommend an extra intake of Vitamin B12 for people of age 50. It mentions that people with low levels of stomach acids, people on Metformin, and people suffering from disorders of small intestine and stomach find it difficult to...
- How to Make Sure You're Getting the Right Amount of Nutrients. // Healthy Years;Apr2014, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA), which is the recommended amount of certain vitamins and minerals to meet the nutrient requirements for people such as older adults. Topics include the statement of registered dietitian Susan Bowerman on nutrients lacking in older...
- Vegetarian Diets & Older Women. Palmer, Sharon // Today's Dietitian;Apr2014, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p32
No abstract available.