Start your own wine cellar
- A Touch of Elegance. Jones, Kathryn // Food & Drink;Fall2010, p69
The article profiles Wine Cellar Innovations, a company that constructs residential and commercial wine cellars based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Jim Deckebach founded the company in 1984 and by 1988, he was advertising his wine cellars nationally. As of 2010, approximately 70% of company's business is...
- Cool option in new building material. Arbuckle, Kellie // Australian & New Zealand Grapegrower & Winemaker;2011, Issue 566, p68
The article highlights the advantages of hempcrete, an all-natural building material used for wine storage facilities. The hempcrete functions as a thermal insulator and a moisture regulator. According to Davide Maggiolo, business development manager at Hempcrete Pty. Ltd., the product reduces...
- Effect of atmospheric pressure variations on the Rn activity concentration in the air of a wine cellar. Gyorfi, Tam�s; Csige, Istv�n // Journal of Radioanalytical & Nuclear Chemistry;Apr2011, Vol. 288 Issue 1, p229
We have measured the variation of atmospheric pressure and of Rn activity concentration in the air of a wine cellar with an AlphaGAURD type ionization chamber radon monitor. We have found that the Rn activity concentration varies inversely with pressure. To explain this behavior we have done...
- DOWN IN THE CELLAR. COCHRAN, ANN // Washingtonian Magazine;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p134
The article features the creation of a custom cellar by a homeowner in McLean, Washington, D.C. The homeowner hired designer David Spon to create the cellar to showcase and organize his wine collection. Spon recalled the challenge of creating the cellar because the owner has 12,000 bottles of...
- FOR KEEPS. Paterson, Toni // Australian House & Garden;Apr2011, p177
The article offers suggestions on creating a wine cellar. It states that selection of wines suitable for ageing is an important factor in creating a cellar, as wine characteristics change over time. It suggests the ideal physical conditions in a wine storage area, including temperature between...
- Food. Green, Emily // New Statesman;10/31/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4358, p53
Presents a guide to London, England's best wine cellars. Fame of the Tate Gallery for its wine cellar; Gordon's crooked cellar premises; Andrew Edmunds in Soho.
- BURIED TREASURE. Wallace, Benjamin // Town & Country;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 165, p70
The article offers information on the Horse Ridge Cellars, the most advanced and secure underground wine storage facility located in the U.S.
- Stellar cellars. Gigliotti, Davidson // Sarasota Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p22
Presents a tour of Sarasota, Florida's wine cellars. Cellar of John Kane-Hartnett of Longboat Key; Cellar of Fred and Judy Fiala at Lido Shores; Wine cellar of Daryl Brown in a Harbor Acres house. INSET: To build a cellar..
- Your own best cellar. Blue, Anthony Dias // Bon Appetit;Mar1996, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p44
Discusses how to build a personal wine cellar for $500 or less. Savings from a having a personal cellar; Cost analysis; Recommended wines.