Time for change
- Letters. Roberts, Paul; Strauss, Pieter; Wagenaar, Pieter; Mitchell, Malcolm // Civil Engineering (10212000);Jul2016, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p81
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issues including "Born again" in the March 2016 issue, the articles in the January/February 2016 issue on the importance of engineers in the public sector, and the civil engineering future in South Africa.
- MONEYWISE London ERDF 2007-13 (Round 2). // Regeneration & Renewal;11/7/2008, p7
The article offers information on the London European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) 2007-13 (Round 2) in Great Britain. Its source of funding is the European Commission worth a total of Â£290 million. ERDF is an economic development fund that helps small and medium-sized enterprises. Among...
- Business Process Reengineering in the Public Sector: The Case of the Housing Development Board in Singapore. Thong, James Y. L.; Yap, Chee-Sing; Seah, Kin-Lee // Journal of Management Information Systems;Summer2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p245
Our existing knowledge of business process reengineering (BPR) is mainly derived from the experiences of private sector organizations, which have fundamentally different characteristics from public organizations. This paper represents a first step in understanding how BPR may be different in...
- Computerised Vehicle Management. // Management Services;Sep86, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p40
LAMSAC has entered into an agreement with Allied AIMS to recommend and market the company's Vehicle Cost Management System (VCMS) in local government. VCMS is a computerised transport fleet management system developed for use on IBM hardware at a starting cost of Â£3,000, which is already in...
- Resource Maximization: Using Risk Management to Rethink Budgetary Choices in Hard Times. Cragg, Lauren C. // Public Manager;Summer2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p58
Reports on the use of risk management to rethink budgetary choices of public sector managers in the U.S. Multi-disciplinary management approach to evaluating an organization's resources; Comparison between cutback management and resource maximization; Change in the approach to resource allocation.
- Lessons in Leadership. Fyffe, Jon // Public CIO;Apr2007, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p10
The author addresses the issue of leadership. He considers leadership as the main factor in public-sector modernization. He claims that leadership is not limited to top executives in an organization. He cites his favorite leadership qualities. He believes that the success of the company depends...
- WILL EVALUATION PROSPER IN THE FUTURE? McDavid, James C.; Huse, Irene // Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation;2006 Special Issue, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p47
The main thesis of this article is that program evaluation and program evaluators have largely missed out on the movement, now into its second decade, to make performance measurement the centrepiece of public sector management and accountability. If these developments are not strategically faced...
- At the coalface. BCS // Computer Bulletin;Jul2003, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p34
IT people must not be afraid of asking apparently stupid questions if something is not clear to them ï¿½ and their questions will probably help the entire team
- Firms can deliver "massive" savings. // Public Private Finance;Oct2004, Issue 87, p1
The article reports that private firms can deliver massive savings. Private firms can make a massive contribution to the government's plans to cut public sector waste, according to Rod Aldridge, CEO of Capita and chairman of the CBI's public services board. In an interview with Public Private...