People driven productivity lean for small businesses
- Operating in a lean environment. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;8/27/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 35, p8
The article provides an answer to a question of how to apply lean manufacturing to a small manufacturing company with a dozen employees.
- BEYOND LEAN STARTUP TOWARDS INTEGRATED LEAN STARTUP. NICULESCU, George; JINARU, Aron; COJOCARU, Floarea // Annals of the Constantin Brancusi University of Targu Jiu-Letter;2014, Issue 4, p21
IN THIS ARTICLE WE STARTED ADDRESSING THE FUNDAMENTAL QUESTION: WHAT PRACTICAL METHODOLOGY & APPROACH TO USE IN IMPLEMENTING AN INNOVATIVE SME PROJECT PROPOSAL IN SITUATION OF HIGH UNCERTAINTY AND AMBIGUITY, WITH TURBULENT EVOLUTIONS AND DYNAMIC CHANGES, WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF PHASE 1 OF SME...
- ASKMAS. // Works Management;Dec2011, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p11
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the application of lean tools and techniques at the back office to double the capability to process quotations.
- Lean Six Sigma en pequeÃ±as y medianas empresas: un enfoque metodolÃ³gico. Felizzola Jiménez, Heriberto; Amaya, Carmenza Luna // INGENIARE - Revista Chilena de IngenierÃa;abr-jun2014, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p263
Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing are quality improvement and productivity approaches which have been implemented with great success in large global companies in the field of manufacturing and services. But now researchers and experts in the field have found that small and medium enterprises...
- The Surge of the Small Scale Segmentâ€¦. Raghavan, Dilip // Paintindia;Sep2012, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p42
The author comments on the state of the small and medium enterprises (SME) of the paint industry in India which is affected by the exchange rate, increasing raw materials prices and other such market-driven factors. He finds that the segment seems to be utilizing their closely-knit operations...
- Indian SMEs to get green guidance. // Eastern Eye;3/20/2015, Issue 1294, p18
The article reports on the green and lean initiatives to be introduced by experts from Great Britain and other European nations in Indian small and medium-sized enterprises as part of a project funded by Kolkata, India's Jadavpur University and Great Britain's Aston University.
- New Developments In Lean Manufacturing. Soto, Robert J.; Kleiner, Brian // Business Journal for Entrepreneurs;2015, Vol. 2015 Issue 1, p127
This paper explores the current progress and as well as new developments of lean initiatives in the manufacturing industry. The paper highlights the challenges faced by small and medium sized business (SMEs) as well as the obstacles encountered by mass customizers when they each engage in...
- New Developments In Lean Manufacturing. Soto, Robert J.; Kleiner, Brian // Business Journal for Entrepreneurs;2016, Vol. 2016 Issue 2, p59
The article discusses a study that examined developments in lean initiatives in the manufacturing industry, focusing on the challenges faced by small and medium sized enterprises (SME) and mass customizers in applying lean manufacturing principles.
- LEAN ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT SINGAPORE. // Lean Management Journal;Oct2015, p5
The article reports that Singapore has launched the pilot scheme Lean Enterprise Development to allow small businesses to increase the number of skilled foreign workers so that the company can grow and become competitive.