The Turn-of-the-Month Anomaly in the Age of ETFs: A Reexamination of Return-Enhancement Strategies
- The Best Funds, Made Easier. WANG, PENELOPE // Money;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p90
The article discusses how the publication assembled its list of 70 recommended mutual funds and exchange-traded funds. Simplification was the theme for 2011. The editors got rid of a fund that uses complicated computer models to pick stocks, and reduced from three to one the number of index...
- ETFs with high yields, low costs. // Dow Theory Forecasts;10/18/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 42, p1
The article focuses on the impact of low expenses on the future fund returns of exchange traded funds (ETFs). It says that low expenses contributes to the asset growth in ETFs, which are mostly at low-cost index funds. It relates that a constant flow of income can enhance fund total returns,...
- the answer guy. Mannes, George // Money;Feb2006, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p70
Provides investment advice and answers questions from two readers. The best way to invest in gold bullion as a hedge against the dollar is to buy shares in an exchange-traded fund such as StreetTracksGold Shares. Other reasons for investing in gold are mentioned. The total return of Standard &...
- Your Place in the Pack. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p52
Provides information on the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index. Percentage of the total value of the stock market that S&P 500 represents; Sectors that make up the S&P 500 Index; Information on the Index Funds and Exchange Traded Funds.
- index fund. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p132
Information on the term "index fund" is presented. It refers to weighting a portfolio in the same proportions as the components of a share index such as Standard and Poor's 500. The performance of a fund consisting of company shares weighted in this way will mirror that of the index, thus...
- F&C ups active US exposure to reflect upbeat outlook. Smith, Amanda // Money Marketing;3/4/2010, p34
The article reports on the effort of the multi-manager team of F&C Asset Management PLC in Great Britain to trim its exposure to the U.S. through Standard and Poor's 500 exchange-traded funds.
- ETF Portfolios Get Lift From A Late-May Rally. BILLY FISHER // Investors Business Daily;6/2/2014, pA09
NorthCoast Asset Management's ETF
- NorthCoast Portfolios Firing On All Cylinders. BILLY FISHER // Investors Business Daily;3/2/2015, pA09
The article offers information on the financial performance of investment advisory firm NorthCoast Asset Management LLC in the U.S. in 2015. It mentions that NorthCoast maintained large stakes in iShares Core Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 exchange-traded fund (ETF) based on a favorable outlook for...
- Not all S&apm;P 500 index funds are the same, says S&P. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/26/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p17
Assesses the difference between index fund returns and benchmark's returns. Factors affecting performance of Standard and Poor's 500 index; Concept of a larger portfolio; Maximization of tracking error.