Creativity Necessary, But Shunnedï¿½
- Creativity Can Hurt Potential Business Leaders. // Research at Penn;2012, Vol. 10, p29
The article focuses on a research led by Wharton management professor Jennifer Mueller which suggests that employees who dare to express creativity are often perceived as having less leadership potential.
- Keeping the live wire under control. Wilkins, James // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jul/Aug2010, p16
In this article, the author discusses the significant role played by an executive in bringing out the best in each member of the team and in keeping a creative mind busy with challenges.
- The Legacy Issue. Christensen, Karen // Rotman Management;Fall2013, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including modern leadership, creative intelligence, and systemic change.
- Lessons in Leadership. Wharton Jr., Clifton R. // Leadership Excellence;Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p3
The article presents the author's views about leadership. He opines that leadership is more of an art than a science, meaning there are no magic keys that guarantee that those who follow formulas will become successful leaders. The basics to leadership are: competency, knowledge, management...
- Wanted: Inspirational Leaders. Baldoni, John // Conference Board Review;Summer2009, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the need of a leader who can offer inspiration using the power of his imagination which is significant to organizations that are facing fiscal challenges. It highlights several attributes of a leader including realism, improvement, and optimism. It mentions the...
- On Your Hands. McGinnis, Dave // Stage Directions;Apr2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p43
The article discusses the capabilities and function of a theater director (TD). It is stated that the task of a TD should refer to working as hard as possible to maintain a comfortable environment while incessantly reminding the designer that plans are due. In addition, a TD should build and...
- A message from the Executive Director. Damgaard, Gloria // Dakota Nurse Connection;Summer2011, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the significance of having a vision, which is an inspiration and the framework for all efforts and serves as reminder of the things needed to be accomplish. It mentions that collaborative leadership functions at four interconnected levels including team, community, and...
- Make Your Impact. Joseph, Esther Francis // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Jun2012, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
The article offers suggestions for new managers after being promoted from an employee post. The author opines that a person should not repeat the mistakes as his boss did in the past. She further suggests that a person should be forceful and should balance the relationship with old peers along...
- Facilitative Leadership. Gesell, Izzy // Journal for Quality & Participation;Jan2014, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p25
The article discusses facilitative leadership. A facilitator provides structure and process to interactions so that groups are able to work effectively and make high-quality decisions. The article discusses facilitative leadership skills, particularly, building trust, encouraging transparency,...