Tops in VA Salesï¿½
- RIAs Shun Annuities. Mitchell, Donna // Bank Investment Consultant;Jun2009, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the idea of the registered investment advisors (RIAs) in the U.S. which discourages the use of annuities in their client's portfolio. It was indicated that 80 percent of RIAs believed that immediate and deffered annuities are both not advisable for rollover funds. Lisa...
- AN ANNUITY RENAISSANCE. Port, David // Retirement Advisor;Feb2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p38
The article discusses the favor gained by annuities from retirement advisors in the U.S. Noted is the increasing demand for annuities suggesting its significance to protect people's retirement. It suggests that either immediate annuities or deferred income annuities may offer an efficient way in...
- Assessing the Annuity Landscape. Waddell, Melanie // Investment Advisor;Jul2014, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p41
The article reports on the trends in the annuity market in the U.S. as of 2014. Topics discussed include a survey from the Financial Planning Association (FPA) on the use of exchange traded funds (ETFs) by investment advisors, annuity sales projections by Cerulli Associates Inc., and first...
- Financial Reform: I Wonder... Moisand, Dan // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p32
The article presents the author's views as a financial planner about the impact of the financial reform passed by the U.S. Congress on issues in the financial planning industry. He notes that the financial reform package is mandating the Department of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to...
- Tax Advantages Still Challenge Investors. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2013, p50
The article discusses the results of Nationwide Financial's survey which showed that understanding of tax-advantaged products such as life insurance, 401(k) plans and annuities varies among demographic groups. The study noted that advisers may find sales opportunities among individuals 35 to 64...
- Calendar. // Investment Management Weekly;3/31/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p11
A calendar of events for the investment management sector in the U.S. in 2008 is presented including "Manager Search and Selection Forum" by Financial Research Associates, "Distressed Debt Summit" by the Opal Group and "Alternative Investing Summit East" also by the Opal Group.
- Calendar. // Investment Management Weekly;3/17/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p11
A calendar of events for the investment management sector in the U.S. from March to April 2008, is presented, including the Manager Search and Selection Forum, the Latin American Pensions Congress, and the Mountain Public Employee Retirement Systems Forum.
- Profile statistics at a glance. // Pensions & Investments;5/30/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p18
Statistics are presented on the various types of assets of U.S. money managers as on December 31, 2010 which include institutional tax-exempt assets, passive domestic bonds, and high-yield securities.
- the numbers. // California CPA;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p5
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the number of investment advisers registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the amount distributed in the $1.546 million additional stimulus payments in November 2008, and the percentage of Baby Boomers who...