- Online bank frauds on the rise. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;2/9/2014, p8
The article discusses the increase of crime related to online bank frauds which targets bank accounts of Indian celebrities in banking industry in India. It mentions that culprit's intended to hack bank accounts of notable people pretending to be the bank account owner and asked for transfer of...
- New Account Opening Procedures May Not Prevent Fraud Losses. // Bank Security Report;Aug2012, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p5
The article provides an example case of opening an account for an employee who then used that account to commit crimes. It presents the facts of the example case and the likely court decision. According to the article, the facts in the sample case shows that fraud prevention would have been...
- Five ways to protect against bank account fraud. MACDONNELL, CHRIS // New Hampshire Business Review;4/3/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p26
The article offers tips on how to protect small business in New Hampshire against bank account fraud which include educating employees, protecting the business's online environment and partnering with bank to prevent unauthorized transactions.
- Jail for gang that targeted high-value Barclays clients. Milner, Leah // Money Marketing;3/4/2010, p12
The article reports on the imprisonment of members of a gang which targeted bank accounts of customers at Barclays PLC and stole almost one million pounds.
- Gimme shelter. ISAAC, PETER // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p48
The article focuses on the efforts of France and Germany to search for the holders of secret offshore bank accounts and its implications for chartered accountants in New Zealand. It notes that about half of the secret accounts are being held by people who inherited them. The author criticises...
- Kartenchip bringt Sicherheit. // Die Bank;mar2012, Issue 3, p52
The article discusses the advantages of Bank card chips to prevent occurrences of skimming, when bank account details are stolen at automated teller machines.
- Dangerous debiting. // Accountancy;May88, Vol. 101 Issue 1137, p128
This article answers a question regarding the direct debit scheme of some companies in Great Britain. The question runs this way: Over the last two months my bank account has suffered two direct debits by a company I filled out a mandate for a few months ago: they were both incorrect and...
- By The Numbers. // Industry Week/IW;Dec2011, Vol. 260 Issue 12, p8
The article presents several statistics related to senior corporate finance in the U.S. including the percentage of finance professionals with increased company payrolls over 2010, the percentage who believes that their payrolls will increase in 2012, and the percentage asserting that their...
- DID YOU KNOW? // HealthLeaders Magazine;May2009, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p14
The article presents a trivia on information and communication technology (ICT) spending by healthcare and social assistance sector in 2007 in the U.S. including the total amout spent on ICT technology, the total capitalized expenditures in ICT and the total ICT spending.