- USDA Outlines Efforts to Raise Healthier Children. // Nutraceuticals World;May2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on the commitment of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to improve effort in promoting childhood nutrition. The agency's Secretary Tom Vilsak stresses the USDA's significant effort in improving consumer's access to information and gain access to food to ensure progress...
- Healthier Lunches Coming to Schools. Rosales, John // NEA Today;Spring2012, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p12
The article describes U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama's visit to Parklawn Elementary School in Alexandria, Virginia to promote the January 2012 U.S. Department of Agriculture's legislation on healthier lunches in public schools. The article states that the legislation was promoted by Obama as...
- first impression. Salvatore, Diane // Prevention;Mar2012, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "Could It Happen Here," by a team of award-winning writer-photojournalists, and feature on the second anniversary of First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move!
- Michelle Obama's school cafeteria. Hale, Duff // Ellis County Press;2/23/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p3
The author examines the effectiveness of the initiative of U.S. First Lady Michele Obama in preventing childhood obesity.
- EDITOR'S LETTER. Friedman, Nick // Scholastic Parent & Child;May2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
The article comments on the Let's Move campaign of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama which battles against obesity in children.
- Fighting Childhood Obesity. // Islamic Horizons;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p16
The article announces the launch of initiatives on the fight against childhood obesity, a program of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama, participated in by Janeen Najeeb as representative of the Islam Society of North America (ISNA) on August 28, 2012 in Racine, Wisconsin.
- OBAMA'S ANTI-OBESITY EFFORT PRAISED. // SN: Supermarket News;2/8/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p51
The article reports on the approval of U.S. first lady Michelle Obama's plans to launch a major initiative to reverse the trend toward obesity in children.
- Customers Want Better Nutrition, Same-Sized Check. // Restaurant Hospitality Exclusive Insight;6/13/2011, p1
The article discusses the U.S. Department of Agriculture's new MyPlate dietary guidelines as of June 2011, as well as its impact on the restaurant industry. The initiative, which is endorsed by U.S. first lady Michelle Obama, calls for the consumption of more fresh fruits and vegetables and less...
- Mrs. Obama beats Fallon in fitness challenge. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;2/15/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p12
The article reports on the second anniversary of the Let's Move! fitness campaign of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama in which Obama did pushups and hula hoops with "Late Night" host Jimmy Fallon in the White House.