ESPN Bows Live-TV App for Apple Devices
- Apple to Launch Subscription Service This Fall. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;3/23/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1
The article announces that technology company, Apple will launch online TV serÂvice with 25 channels, including ESPN and FX and states that the move will pose a major challenge to multichannel video program distribution companies like Sony Network Entertainment and Dish network.
- Apple to delay TV service until 2016. Burrows, Peter; Shaw, Lucas; Smith, Gerry // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/15/2015, p13
The article reports that technology company Apple Inc.'s plan to introduce an online TV service on Internet this year has been postponed for 2016.
- What channels on Apple TV? Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/19/2015, pA02
The article reports on the plans of computer technology company Apple Inc. to offer live broadcast networks in its expected web television service in 2015.
- Apple prepares for streaming. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/18/2015, pA02
The article offers information on the multi-channel subscription services from Apple Inc.
- ESPN's Skipper: Make 'TV Everywhere' Easier. // Multichannel News;6/11/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p8
The article informs that according to the president of television network ESPN John Skipper the internet television verification system "TC Everywhere," should be simplified for better viewership.
- Apple may next do for TV what it has done for the mobile phone. Walmsley, Craig // New Media Age;1/7/2010, p13
The author forecasts that Apple will do to television what it did to the mobile industry with the iPhone and sign several deals to have live channels and a lot of contents to stream.
- Report : Apple Lead ing Connected-TV Market. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;12/19/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p8
The article reports on a study by Strategy Analytics, which indicates that Apple Inc. will own a 32 percent share of the Internet television set-top devices market by the end of 2011.
- Titans Talk TV Services. // Variety;7/23/2013, Vol. 320 Issue 15, Preceding p16
The author offers opinions on proposals by high technology industries companies Google Inc. and Apple Inc. to offer Internet television broadcasting of programming by broadcast television networks, stating that the two firms will find it difficult to enter a complex market.
- Apple TV King of Connected TV. // TV Technology;1/4/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the report from Strategy Analytics Inc. that Apple TV is the king of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV).