ESPN Bows Live-TV App for Apple Devices
- Apple to Launch Subscription Service This Fall. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;3/23/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1
The article announces that technology company, Apple will launch online TV serÂvice with 25 channels, including ESPN and FX and states that the move will pose a major challenge to multichannel video program distribution companies like Sony Network Entertainment and Dish network.
- Apple to delay TV service until 2016. Burrows, Peter; Shaw, Lucas; Smith, Gerry // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/15/2015, p13
The article reports that technology company Apple Inc.'s plan to introduce an online TV service on Internet this year has been postponed for 2016.
- What channels on Apple TV? Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/19/2015, pA02
The article reports on the plans of computer technology company Apple Inc. to offer live broadcast networks in its expected web television service in 2015.
- Apple prepares for streaming. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/18/2015, pA02
The article offers information on the multi-channel subscription services from Apple Inc.
- ESPN's Skipper: Make 'TV Everywhere' Easier. // Multichannel News;6/11/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p8
The article informs that according to the president of television network ESPN John Skipper the internet television verification system "TC Everywhere," should be simplified for better viewership.
- Apple may next do for TV what it has done for the mobile phone. Walmsley, Craig // New Media Age;1/7/2010, p13
The author forecasts that Apple will do to television what it did to the mobile industry with the iPhone and sign several deals to have live channels and a lot of contents to stream.
- Report : Apple Lead ing Connected-TV Market. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;12/19/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p8
The article reports on a study by Strategy Analytics, which indicates that Apple Inc. will own a 32 percent share of the Internet television set-top devices market by the end of 2011.
- Apple TV King of Connected TV. // TV Technology;1/4/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the report from Strategy Analytics Inc. that Apple TV is the king of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV).
- 'WSJ': APPLE HAS BIG TV PLANS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/26/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 52, p6
The article reports that Apple Inc. is claimed to be working on several initiatives to dominate the television market, including a wireless television unit that can access content through the Internet.