Hooping It Up in Ratings
- Eye's got game with NCAA finals. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;4/9/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that the broadcast of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) men's college basketball championship between Kansas and Memphis brought CBS its best ratings of the 2007-08 season since the writers strike began. Strong ratings from the basketball tournament allowed...
- CBS wins Wed. race as 'Betty' remains ugly. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;1/8/2010, Vol. 412 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the success of CBS Television Network in winning the Wednesday ratings with the return of its comedy special "I Get That a Lot" and the annual People's Choice Awards.
- NCAA gives CBS a shining moment. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;4/8/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 16, p4
The article presents information on the ratings of various television programs. CBS Television Network led the ratings pack with 17.7 million viewers and 6.3 adults 18-49 rating of the live coverage of the NCAA men's basketball championship title game on Monday night. Fox Broadcasting Co. came...
- EYE SHOOTS & SCORES. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;4/14/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 8, p4
The article focuses on the competition of television (TV) shows between TV networks in the U.S. wherein CBS Television Network earned viewers' share after its airing of the 2010 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) men's basketball championship. It states that CBS ranked second in...
- CBS Shoots for Close NCAA Finales. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/2/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p3
The article reports on the increase in rating gained by CBS during the programming of National Collegiate Athletic Association's (NCAA) Basketball Tournament finals in the U.S. CBS Sports received a rating of 6.2 Nielsen Media Research household rating for the tournament. Advertisers also...
- Tiffany's Shows Touted. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;05/22/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p5
Applauds the programming schedule of CBS Television. Information on several CBS television shows; Factors which contributed to the rise in the rating of the television network.
- Hot soph start for 'Glee, 'Family' KISSELL, RICK // Daily Variety;9/29/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 61, p4
The article reports that CBS Television Networks tops the rankings in all its key categories in the U.S.
- Up-and-down debut for 'Miami'; NFL rules. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;10/5/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 33, p5
The article focuses on the television ratings of various television programs including "CSI: Miami," on CBS Television Network, "Brother and Sisters," on ABC Television Network and "The Simpsons."
- CBS' PGA Ratings Soar. Herrington, Ryan // Golf World;8/24/2009, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p12
The article reports that CBS Television Network final coverage on Professional Golfers' Association of America (PGA) Championship was the highest-rated at a PGA since 2002 (8.0).