- It's All in the QUESTION. Thompson, Andrea // Science World;9/18/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p8
The article offers advice on creating a science fair project.
- Science fair: A successful venture. Galen, Donald F. // American Biology Teacher;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p464
Presents the science fair as a potentially rewarding endeavor for the science teacher and student. Definition of science fair; City, regional, state or international fairs; Search for research students; Offering of advanced classes; Formation of a club; Getting the students to start; Finding...
- Sounds of science: Primary activities for Science Week 1995, 14 August to 18 August. Smith, Julie Ann // Primary Educator;1995, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p4
Presents science activities related to the 1995 Science Week theme: Sounds of Science, held in Australia. Includes experiments on making sounds; Collecting sounds; Sounds traveling through air, water and solids.
- Systems of success: The George Washington Carver Science Fair. Fadigan, Kathleen; Peter, Nancy // Science Scope;Oct2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p42
The article focuses on the celebration of the 28th anniversary of the George Washington Carver Science Fair on March 2007 in the U.S. The said fair is an urban enrichment program which offers students in Philadelphia County the opportunity to engage in authentic scientific investigations. It...
- 51st INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING FAIR. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Dec2000, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p2997
Presents the awardees of the 51st International Science and Engineering Fair in Detroit, Michigan. Recognition of excellence in atmospheric science-related projects; Details on judges from the American Meteorological Society; Categories included.
- National Science Week 2006 "Hands-on and interactive!". Prattis, Julie; Schofield, Stephen // Teaching Science: The Journal of the Australian Science Teachers;Summer2006, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p10
The article highlights the Science Fair for students from kindergarten to year 5 at Trinity Christian School in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory. It is said that the involvement of activities and experiments that students could touch and interact with was integral to the fair. It is stated...
- SCIENCE: Young inventors seek to save the world. Williams, Christina // Oregon Business Magazine;May2006, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p13
The article features the high school science fair in Portland, Oregon. Teams from two Oregon high schools supported by grants from the Lemmelson Foundation has demonstrated their creations during the event. Philomath High School has displayed its small-scale biodiesel reactor for farmers, while...
- Biotech in the basement. Alper, Joe // Nature Biotechnology;Dec2009, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p1077
This article features a movement involving biohackers to bring science to the people in the U.S. It reflects on a DNA extraction party held by a group of biohackers as part of the ConfluxCity day, an annual street fair in New York City. It criticizes the movement for lacking seriousness of...
- Science, Inventions and Technology Exhibition coming to Nyack. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/15/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the 21st Annual Science, Inventions, and Technology (S/I/T) Exhibition that will be held on March 18, 2007 at North Rockland High School in New York City. The S/I/T Exhibition aims to develop student interest in science, invention and technology and provide them the...