COURT DENIES 'PREMATURE' CHALLENGES
- Appeals Court 'Net Neutrality' Ruling Clouds Internet Access. Prince, Zenitha // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;2/12/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p13
The article focuses on the "Net Neutrality" ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in the court case Verizon v. FCC on internet access by consumers in January 2014. Topics include overturning of a rule by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on Internet service...
- Netflix: Strong-Arming the Net-Neutrality Debate. // Multichannel News;6/16/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p35
The author discusses the Internet neutrality rules in the U.S. Discussion and highlights are given on the 2010 Open Internet regulations adopted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the restoration of the Internet neutrality rules based on the decision of the U.S. Court of...
- NETWORK NEUTRALITY: THE FCC TRIES AGAIN. NADLER, JONATHAN JACOB // Intermedia (0309118X);Autumn2014, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to adopt a network neutrality regime. Topics discussed include the proposal of the FCC to abandon the prohibition against broadband providers entering into paid prioritization agreements, decision of the U.S....
- Will FCC Net Neutrality Rules Survive Court? Bachman, Katy // Adweek;10/10/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 35, p18
The article considers a U.S. action filed by the telecommunication firm Verizon Communications against the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) challenging the FCC rules on so-called net neutrality by Internet service providers. The consolidation of several similar actions and the assignment...
- Net Neutrality Key May Be ... Forbearance. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;1/9/2015, pA04
To forbear or not to forbear? And if so, how much to forbear?
- Court Denies Verizon Request for BitTorrent Panel. // Multichannel News;2/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on the refusal of the U.S. Court of Appeal for the District of Columbia Circuit on the request of Verizon Communications Inc. for Comcast-BitTorrent case three-judge panel to hear its challenge to the network-neutrality regulations of the Federal Communications Commissions (FCC).
- Court signals willingness to strike down FCC's net-neutrality rules. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;9/10/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 99, p12
The article focuses on the preparedness of the U.S. District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals to side with Verizon and strike down the net-neutrality regulations of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Appeals court hands RIAA victory over Verizon. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/10/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 1, p59
The U.S. Court of Appeals refused a request by Verizon Inc. to stay an earlier court ruling ordering the nation's largest phone company to identify two subscribers who were allegedly offering hundreds of copyrighted songs over the Internet. The ruling is a victory for the recording industry,...
- Net Neutrality: What Is It and Why Should Educators Care? Cook, Vickie S. // Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin;Summer2014, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p46
A recent ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia has set the tone for elimination of Net neutrality. Net neutrality has created affordable accessibility for students, teachers, educators, librarians, and all users of the Internet in the United States. The author...