Hispanics: America's Major Minority
- Old Brands, New Faces. Stanley, T.L. // Adweek;3/12/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p38
The article looks at companies who use Latin celebrities and personalities to market their brands and products. The article discusses the endorsement deals of singer Jennifer Lopez and actress Sofia Vergara. According to the article, more marketers are looking for personalities that connect with...
- Sofia's half the lady she used to be! // NW;2/24/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p95
The article reports that 41-year-old actress Sofia Vergara posted a photograph of herself sliced in two as part of a promotion for the online furniture company, Rooms To Go, on the celebrity-only social media site WhoSay.
- OC agencies ride Hispanic wave. Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;03/30/98, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p18
Reports the growth of Orange County, California-based advertising agencies that specialize in advertising to the Hispanic market. Examples of such agencies; How the advertising is done; Comments from several advertisers and company executives.
- How Companies are Targeting Hispanics to Boost Sales. ROSENBERG, JOYCE M. // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);9/30/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 52, p7
The article discusses how companies are targeting the growing prominence of Hispanics in the U.S. to boost their sales. Topics discussed include creation of websites and brochures in Spanish by many companies, hiring of celebrities like actresses Sofia Vergara and Eva Longoria to endorse...
- Diet Pepsi Dance. // Campaign;1/20/2012, Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the launch of a U.S. advertising campaign for Diet Pepsi softdrink which is created by TBWA/Chiat/Day and features actress Sofia Vergara in 2012.
- Diet Pepsi Come on. // Campaign;2/15/2013, p6
The article offers information on the campaign launched by Diet Pepsi, which features Colombian actress SofÃa Vergara.
- Courageous clients take risks in top-tier marketing. Wentz, Laurel; Cuneo, Alice Z. // Advertising Age;9/25/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 39, ps-4
The article looks at the relationship between clients and their Latino advertising agencies. Leticia Dibildox of U.S. Puerto Rico Procter & Gamble Co. and agency Conill undertook a four-week research tour called Project Immersion, including closet interviews at home to talk with women about what...
- Hispanic agency assn. mulled. Zbar, Jeffery D. // Advertising Age;5/6/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 19, p18
The article reports on the meeting among 53 Hispanic advertising agencies in May 1996 to mull over the formation of an Hispanic advertising association. The Hispanic advertising category has had an insignificant role in general-market advertising. Advertising efforts have not been growing as it...
- Marketers and agencies tussle over tongues. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;12/5/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 49, p79
This article focuses on the debate between marketers and agencies over whether the future of Hispanic media is in English or Spanish language. But both parties plan to increase their 2006 spending in most Hispanic media regardless of language. Advocates of Spanish argued that the influx of Latin...