Ergen's Blockbuster Victory
- Charlie Ergen: Dish Network Bought Blockbuster to Open Wireless Store. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/18/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the announcement by Dish Network founder and chairman Charlie Ergen that its goal in acquiring the bankrupt Blockbuster was to roll out a subscription video-on-demand service aimed to rival Netflix.
- Ergen Set to Add TerraStar to $5 Billion Acquisition Empire. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;6/29/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p1
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. chairman Charlie Ergen's acquisition plans. It is said that an aggressive acquisition campaign was led by EchoStar and Ergen to merge key U.S. broadband assets together to compete with billion-dollar network investments on the horizon. Ergen has...
- ERGEN-OMICS. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;4/7/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. executive Charlie Ergen has won the bankruptcy auction of movie-rental chain Blockbuster Inc. It mentions that Dish Network's bid of 320 million dollars won the marathon auction in New York on April 6, 2011, outbidding other bidders that include SK...
- DirecTV: As the satellite turns. // Dow Theory Forecasts;11/12/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 46, p8
The article discusses the financial performance of DirecTV Inc. as of the September 2012 quarter. It states that potential for superior growth is being offered by DirecTV at an attractive valuation. It says that although DirecTV's revenue climbed 8%, the cash brought by operations declined by...
- Dish Network May Set Sights on T-Mobile as Next Acquisition Target. Rash, Wayne // eWeek;7/ 2/2013, p3
The article reports on the plan of direct broadcast satellite provider Dish Network Corp. to acquire T-Mobile International AG, a holding firm for Deutsche Telekom AG, in the U.S. It states that after Dish Network withdrew its intent to pursue the merger with telecommunications firm Spint and...
- Dish and T-Mobile US in merger talks. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;6/22/2015, p1
Dish Networks and T-Mobile US are in talks over a potential merger, the Wall Street Journal reports.
- Can Dish's Ergen Be Sirius? Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p3
The article focuses on Dish Network chairman Charlie Ergen's pursuit to acquire satellite-radio company Sirius XM Radio Inc. It suggests that Dish Network is unlikely to solve the problems that Sirius XM faces or boost Dish's market position, and that Ergen's expects a possibility of a bargain....
- Ergen Hikes in Himalayas as Fox Talks Go On. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p29
The article reports on the move of chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen of Dish Network Corp. to take a hiking vacation in Himalayas, Nepal despite the company's dispute with Fox Cable Networks Services LLC.
- FOUR OF A KIND. // Total Telecom+;Oct2014, p23
The article talks about direct-broadcast and satellite service provider Dish Network, its chairman and co-founder Charlie Ergen, and Dish's plans for a video streaming service, establishing a mobile presence with telecommunications company T-Mobile U.S., and the AWS-3 spectrum auction.