Lawsuits Fly in Feud Over iPad
- DATELINE. // MediaWeek;4/11/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p4
News briefs on the mass media industry are presented. Cable television company Time Warner Cable and broadcasting firm Viacom continued litigation over the former's release of application software for the iPad tablet computer allowing for streaming of television programs on the device. Sixteen...
- iPad Rights Fights Simmer. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/11/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p26
The article focuses on the complaints of sports networks regarding the release of Optimum iPad application from Cablevision Systems Corp. which provides access to 300 television (TV) channels and 2,000 video-on-demand tittles. It mentions that Cablevision has the right to disseminate the...
- Viacom to Compensate Recording Owners. // International Musician;Mar2011, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the pending approval of the judge on a case in which Viacom Inc. and Black Entertainment Television (BET) will pay 2.57 million dollars for a claim from sound recordings owners led by The Music Force.
- Viacom, MCA meet in court. Farrell, Rita // Electronic Media;11/4/96, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the court dispute between MCA and Viacom, over the jointly owned USA Network. Problems found in court settlements; Comments from Sumner Redstone of Viacom Incorporated; Reference to testimonies in the court case.
- Sumner heat. // Crain's New York Business;11/04/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p54
Reports on the testimony of Viacom Incorporated Chairman Sumner Redstone, in a trial over the company's partnership, that the company has helped, rather than hurt, its United States of America Network partnership with MCA Incorporated.
- Gibson Settles with 'Rock Band' Developers. // Musical Merchandise Review;Aug2010, Vol. 169 Issue 8, p10
The article reports that Gibson Guitar Corp. has settled its patent-infringement lawsuit against Viacom Inc., Electronic Arts Inc. and retailers over the "Rock Band" music-video game.
- You Tube Suit Nixed; Open Season Afoot? Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;6/28/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p4
The article discusses the dismissal of a lawsuit filed by media company Viacom against the Internet video website Youtube and the Internet firm Google for copyright infringement.
- MCA sues Viacom. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/13/96, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p36
Reports on MCA Inc.'s lawsuit against Viacom Inc. which argued that Viacom should sell back its half of their USA Networks joint venture. Viacom's lawsuit against MCA.
- Spike v. Spike: macho and myopia. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;6/18/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 51, p15
Comments on the lawsuit filed by director Spike Lee against Viacom Inc. for renaming its cable network TNN after his name, Spike TV, in the U.S. Basis of the claim of Lee; Doubts over the viability of Lee's claim to be acknowledged; Prevalence of celebrities and business enterprises bringing...