Environmental factors in the labor-management relationship
- Part IV. Information on the factual matters investigated by the Commission: 19. COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AND SOCIAL DIALOGUE. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2010, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p117
A section from the report "Official Bulletin: Series B: Truth, Reconciliation and Justice in Zimbabwe" is presented, concerning other allegations received by the Commission on Inquiry of the International Labour Organization (ILO) on governmental interference collective bargaining and social...
- Play Ball: MLB Lawyers Strike a Deal. Jackson, Liane // Corporate Legal Times;Nov2002, Vol. 12 Issue 132, p70
Discusses how the U.S. Major League Baseball lawyers had negotiated a collective-bargaining agreement without a work stoppage in 2002. Strategies employed by the lawyers; Terms of the agreement.
- LABOR-MANAGEMENT DATA. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb80, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p110
Presents collective bargaining data obtained from contracts on file at the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics as of 1979. Wage and benefit settlements; Effective wage-rate adjustments.
- Collective bargaining in 1987: local, regional issues to set tone. Borum, Joan; Conley, James; Wasilewski, Edward // Monthly Labor Review;Jan87, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p23
Examines collective bargaining trends United States in 1987. General economic conditions; Collective bargaining situation in various industries; Labor-management relations; Duration and wage adjustment provisions of collective bargaining agreements.
- WHO IS HANDLING LABOR RELATIONS FOR UNCLE SAM? Gleason, Jopseph D.; Valdes, William C. // Public Personnel Management;Sep/Oct77, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p313
Answers questions related to the practitioners of federal labor relations in the U.S. Failure to develop a system for a functional collective bargaining; Role of the Federal Labor Relations Council in providing policy direction.
- The federal sector mediation and labor management relations process: The federal sector... McCabe, Douglas M. // Public Personnel Management;Spring90, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p103
Investigates the critical point of time in collective bargaining negotiations in the federal sector in the United States at which an impasse is reached and a mediator is summoned. Historical review of the federal sector's labor-management relations to emphasize changes established by the Civil...
- On the nature of industrial decline in the UK. Kilpatrick, Andrew; Lawson, Tony // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Mar1980, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p85
Examines the decline in industrial relations in Great Britain. Role of collective bargaining; Strength of job-based worker organization; Evolutionary system of industrial relations.
- Automated Job--Worker Matching. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;May69, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p16
Reports on developments related to labor and industrial relations in the U.S. as of May 1969. Launch of the Federal State Employment Service program; Collective bargaining settlements being negotiated during the first quarter of 1969; Labor contract of the International Brotherhood of...
- UNION-MANAGEMENT WELFARE PLANS. Rosenthal, Robert J. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov47, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p64
Discusses the union-management welfare plans in the U.S. History of union-management welfare planning in the U.S.; Structure and characteristics of the plans; Implications and prospects of the plans for union-management welfare; Influence of union bargaining power on the plans.