Merger of Retail Clerks, Meat Cutters creates union exceeding 1.2 million
Tags: LABOR unions; CONSOLIDATION & merger of corporations; UNITED Food & Commercial Workers International Union; CLERKS (Retail trade) -- Labor unions; AMALGAMATED Meat Cutters & Butcher Workmen of North America
- She's A Fighter On Three Fronts. // Ebony;Aug1977, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p70
The article profiles Addie Wyatt, international vice president (VP) of the Amalgamated Meat Cutters and Butcher Workmen of North America (AFL-CIO) and director of its Women's Affairs Department.
- LABOR -- DISCHARGE FOR THEFT -- REQUIREMENT OF PROOF BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT NOT VIOLATIVE OF COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT -- SEC. 301 OF LABOR-MANAGEMENT RELATIONS ACT, 29 U.S.C. Sec. 185 -- POLYGRAPH TEST. // Arbitration Journal;Dec73, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p279
This article reviews the court decision relating to the case Amalgamated Meat Cutters & Butcher Workmen of North America organization v. Neuhoff Bros. Packers Inc., in 1973. Where an arbitrator imposed the burden of proving a discharged employee's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, the court...
- An appetite for grocers. Gallun, Alby // Crain's Chicago Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p3
Reports that the United Food and Commercial Workers International has targeted Meijer Inc., a newcomer to the Chicago, Illinois area. Anti-union stance of the retailer; Advertising and public relations campaign of the union.
- Union Democracy Review. // Social Policy;Winter90, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p10
The burgeoning movement for more democratically run unions is regularly reported in the Union Democracy Review. Focusing on unfair electoral practices, union policies and corrupt leadership, the newsletter takes up the unions' internal struggles as well as reporting on developments of national...
- Indiana Kroger Workers OK Pact. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;6/10/2013, p3
The article reports on the announcement by the labor union United Food and Commercial Workers Local 700 that its members have ratified a new, four-year contract with retailer Kroger Co.
- 43 JOSEPH HANSEN. Garry, Michael // SN: Supermarket News;7/18/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 29, p75
The article profiles Joseph Hansen, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, who is ranked Number 43 in the journal's 2011 annual all-star ranking, the Power 50, of the most popular leaders of the retail industry.
- Largest union locals. Hillyer, Deborah W. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p28
Lists the largest labor unions in Cleveland, Ohio ranked by year 2000 gross receipts. United Food & Commercial Workers Local 880; Operating Engineers Local 18; Electrical Workers Local 38; Sheet Metal Workers Local 33; Laborers Local 310.
- Seven California Union Locals Agree to Merge. Springer, Jon // SN: Supermarket News;12/4/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 49, p8
The article focuses on the decision of seven San Francisco Bay area local members of the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) to combine into a single entity known as UFCW Local 5. The merger of the UFCW locals will represent about 25,000 workers in the California counties of Napa, Solano,...
- Settlement at Nordstrom. Cimini, Michael H. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar91, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p41
Announces that Locals 367 and 1001 of the United Food and Commercial Workers have signed a new three-year contract with Nordstrom, Inc. Wage increases; Work conditions; Continuing areas of conflict.