- BYOT Drives Switch to Digital Content. // Electronic Education Report;9/5/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the impetus of Calcasieu Parish's bring-your-own technology (BYOT) initiative which aims to open up the information, content and inquiry to the students in Louisiana.
- New Year Deserves New Technology Ideas. Kinnaman, Daniel E. // Curriculum Administrator;Sep2000, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p112
Comments on the importance of educational technology in the United States. Concerns over the impact of technological innovations on schools and students; Advocacy for the implementation of individualized educational plans; Implication of individualized educational plans for student achievement.
- Options for Technology-Assisted IEPS. Hummel, Jeffery W.; Degnan, Sarah C. // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Nov1986, Vol. 19 Issue 9
Contributes to an information base which will aid persons who are considering the use of technology to assist in the process of Individual Education Plans (IEPS) development. Discussion of basic options for technology-assisted IEPS in relation to specific selection criteria; Focus on the...
- How Social Science and Geography Teachers Perceive Educational Technologies that have Been Integrated in Educational Program. Ozel, Ali // Journal of Applied Sciences;2007, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p3226
One of the major universal aims of educational systems is to raise human power suitable for the requirements of information society, one of the main steps of which is to configure the educational programs in accordance with universal interaction. The prerequisite of this step is to use the...
- Oreyfous & Associates helps schools give kids learning advantages. Doyle, B. G. // Caribbean Business;2/16/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 6, Special section pF9
The article discusses the innovative ways of Dreyfous and Associates in helping children in their learning process through wide range of high technology K-12 tutoring and educational programs for schools such as the Algeboard and Algeblocks, EduSystem, and College Board review programs.
- MULTICULTURALISM AND LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES IN ADULT BASIC EDUCATION AND TRAINING PROGRAMS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AFRICA. QUAN-BAFFOUR, KOFI POKU; VAMBE, MAURICE TAONEZVI // Research & Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning;Nov2006, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p297
This paper evaluates the effectiveness of the use of learning technologies in Adult Basic Education and Training (ABET) programs at the University of South Africa (UNISA). Since 1946, when UNISA became a distance education provider, the University has included the use of various technologies...
- Making a Difference with Multimedia. Miners, Zach // District Administration;Mar2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p16
The article focuses on the education system in Bucks County, Pennsylvania for their work in developing educational technology. The educational service agency Intermediate Unit 22 (IU) is discussed for their equipment and their services, such as programs which allow students to use digital...
- A Model Program in Austin. Ford, Steve // QST;Jul2005, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the development of a model program, Education and Technology Program (ETP) at the LBJ High School in Austin, Texas. Coordinator for the program; Significance of the ETP for students; Level of support and participation in the school's program.
- Find Your Future at a Career Training School. // California Job Journal;12/26/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1259, p7
The article focuses on the role of career training school in educating people about jobs or careers. Career training schools are vocational institutions that offer hands-on, profession-specific education for different career fields including information technology, horticulture, and journalism....