Clinical Pearls in Infectious Diseases
- Assessing your learning needs. Walsh, Kieran // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/22/2005, Vol. 330 Issue 7484, p170
Focuses on the assessment of one's learning needs. Need for physicians to think about their needs related to learning; Assertion that if you identify your own learning needs, rather than having them imposed on you, then your learning will be more likely to change your practice; How to identify...
- GP Business: Add quality points with patient surveys. Stark, Rachel // GP: General Practitioner;11/5/2004, p40
The article presents information from a survey conducted among general physicians. The new GMS quality framework includes 70 points for practices who undertake an approved patient survey. To obtain all of the points, the practice must conduct an approved survey (40 points), reflect on the...
- CME Quiz Questions. // American Family Physician;9/1/2014, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p280
A quiz to measure how well physicians and health care professionals know about medical topics is presented.
- 'Can I go on holiday, Doc?' Brooks, Melvyn H // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/5/2002, Vol. 325 Issue 7367, p770
Discusses a young doctor's continual learning process. Difficulty of para-medical questions; Diagnosis and treatment.
- Bridging the age gap. Nash, Karen // Dermatology Times;Mar2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p15
The article examines the impact of the doctor's clinical experience towards their practice. It highlights the challenges and major benefits that would be obtained from the multigenerational practice. Furthermore, it points out the significance of open communications between generations within...
- MEDICAL MAKEOVER. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;10/25/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p4
Reports on the medical practice of doctors in Orange County, California. Services offered by some doctors involved in concierge medicine; Consultation feed charged for patients; Controversy over concierge practices.
- Revalidation -- are we fixing a system that wasn't broken? McKay, A.J. // Surgeon (Edinburgh University Press);Jun2003, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p157
Comments on the move of the government of Great Britain to invite the General Medical Council (GMC) to develop a system that would reassure the public about the fitness to practice of every doctor in the country. Details of the revalidation process; Establishment of a Continuing Professional...
- Uroscopic rainbow: modern matula medicine. C L Foot // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 82 Issue 964, p126
Visual inspection of a patientâ€™s urine has long been used by physicians, with colour recognised as having important clinical implications. In this review the authors will revisit this ancient pastime with relevance to contemporary medical practice.
- BEST DOCTORS 2012. // New York;6/11/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 20/21, p59
An introduction is presented discussing various reports in the issue related to physicians including profiles of several doctors, a photo portfolio of medical slides, and a medical-advice column.