- Need Support, Need Satisfaction, Intrinsic Motivation, and Physical Activity Participation among Middle School Students. Tao Zhang; Solmon, Melinda A.; Kosma, Maria; Carson, Russell L.; Xiangli Gu // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2011, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p51
Using self-determination theory as a framework, the purpose of this study was to test a structural model of hypothesized relationships among perceived need sup- port from physical education teachers (autonomy support, competence support, and relatedness support), psychological need satisfaction...
- Are Motivated Pupils More Active And Engaged During Physical Education Class? Nathalie, Aelterman; Maarten, Vansteenkiste; den Berghe Lynn, Van; Jotie, De Meyer; Leen, Haerens // Sport & Geneeskunde;mei2011, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p33
The article reports on a study which investigates the levels of objectively measured moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA) and rated engagement during Physical Education (PE) class in association with motivation towards PE on the interclass and interpersonal level. It indicates the...
- Teachers' questions answered. // New Zealand Physical Educator;Jul2014, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to physical education on topics including safety management in physical education and physical activities and performance of students.
- The Psychosocial influences on participation rates within Secondary School physical education. Morrison, Stephen; Nash, Robert // Journal of Physical Education & Sport;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p147
This paper examines the social and psychological factors that affect young people's participation in secondary school physical education (PE). It examines the factors that contribute to the quality of physical education experiences. The findings conformed to previous research done in this field,...
- Mandates boost school-based physical activity opportunities. Burke, Michael // Contemporary Pediatrics;Jun2012, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p12
The article reports a study conducted on state and school district policies with 2 physical activities, such as physical education (PE) and recess. It revealed that 70 percent of schools offered 20 minutes of daily recess as recommended by the National Association for Sport and Physical...
- EDITORIAL. // Physical & Health Education Journal;Summer2014, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including exemplary leadership practices in Canadian physical and health education, students' views on a daily physical activity program, and highlights of the 2013 PHE Canada Student Leadership...
- Physical Education Action Plans (2011). // Palaestra;2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p58
No abstract available.
- The Student Social System Within Sport Education. Carlson, Teresa B.; Hastie, Peter A. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1997, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p176
Examines the participation of students in units of sports education. Changes in the way students socialized during class; Conflict between student social system and teacher's agenda; Ways in which students interpret the managerial and instructional demands of different teachers.
- Assessment Practices among Secondary Physical Education Teachers in Ghana. Sofo, Seidu; Ocansey, Reginald T.; Nabie, Michael J.; Asola, Eugene F. // International Online Journal of Educational Sciences;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p274
Assessment is lacking in many physical education classes. Rather, many teachers base evaluations on student behavior and participation. The primary purpose of the study was to describe Ghanaian secondary physical education teachers' assessment practices. Participants included a purposive sample...