Customizing clinical decision support to prevent excessive drug-drug interaction alerts
- Personalised e-warfarin initiation charts to improve patient outcomes. Roberts, Greg // Journal of Pharmacy Practice & Research;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p161
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with the use of personalized electronic warfarin initiation charts to improve patient outcomes.
- Effects of clinical decision support on initial dosing and monitoring of tobramycin and amikacin. Cox, Zachary L.; Nelsen, Cori L.; Waitman, Lemuel R.; McCoy, Jacob A.; Peterson, Josh F. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;4/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p624
The article discusses a study at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) on the impact of clinical decision support (CDS) on initial dosing and monitoring in amikacin and tobramycin therapy. The study reported an improved rate of achieving target trough serum drug concentrations with CDS...
- Solid data lacking on HIT and patient safety. Traynor, Kate // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p91
The article highlights the "Health IT and Patient Safety: Building Safer Systems for Better Care" report from the Institute of Medicine (IOM), commissioned by the department of Health and Human Services (HHS). It discusses health information technology (HIT) related patient safety, adoption of...
- Leveraging ProVation. // Health Management Technology;Jun2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p12
The article previews the ProVation Order Sets clinical technology from ProVation.
- STATUS CHECK FOR IT PROJECTS. // Modern Healthcare;2/21/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 8, pS5
A chart is presented that shows the status of the implementation of health information technology (IT) projects among hospitals and office-based physicians in the U.S. as of February 2011.
- Elsevier, PatientKeeper Partner to Enhance CPOE. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);4/9/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p32
The article offers information on the partnership of Elsevier, division of Reed Elsevier India Pvt. Ltd. with PatientKeeper Inc. The association will allow Elsevier to integrate its clinical decision support (CDS) into PatientKeeper's computerized physician order entry (CPOE) software product....
- Showing Them the Evidence. Hagland, Mark // Healthcare Informatics;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p54
The article focuses on Zynx Health, whose core product, the evidence-based and consensus-based physician order sets has driven the evolution of the meaningful use process under the federal Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act. It points to Zynx as of the...
- Enhancing clinical decision support to improve appropriate antimicrobial use. Beaulieu, James; Fortin, Rachel; Palmisciano, Louis; Elsaid, Khaled; Collins, Christine // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 13, p1103
The article describes the use of a clinical decision-support systems (CDSSs) to enhance an existing antimicrobial stewardship program at Rhode Island Hospital (RIH). To review the gap analysis, a multidisciplinary team was formed that included members from various departments including pharmacy...
- Elsevier: Introducing ClinicalKey. BRYNKO, BARBARA // Information Today;Dec2011, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p13
The article reviews ClinicalKey, an online reference tool for clinicians that provides details on complex medical procedures which will be released in beta form by Elsevier Health Sciences.