- PITCAIRNIA YOCUPITZIAE (BROMELIACEAE; PITCAIRNIOIDEAE), NOTABLE NUEVA ESPECIE DE GUERRERO, Mï¿½XICO. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;oct2010, Issue 93, p103
No abstract available.
- Tillandsia 'Rio Hondo.'. Butcher, Derek // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p64
Focuses on the taxon given to the Tillandsia species from Rio Hondatal in Guatemala. Factor to consider in naming bromeliad species; Species of Tillandsia including Tillandsia xerographica x capitata, Tillandsia Maya, Tillandsia sphaerocephala Guatemala, Tillandsia harrisii, Tillandsia capitata...
- The genus Guzmania in Venezuela. Vivas, Yuribia // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p88
Presents information on the bromeliad genus Guzmania in Venezuela. Description of Guzmania bromeliad; Species of Guzmania that are considered endemic in the region including Guzmania mucronata, Guzmania nubigena and Guzmania ventricosa among others; Habitat of Guzmania bromeliads; Difference...
- Hawaiians Love Bromeliads! Parkhurst, Ron �Kanahele� // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p184
The article focuses on the distribution of Bromeliads in Hawaii. Information on the village Kahakuloa is given. Examples of Bromeliad hybrids found in Hawaii are mentioned. The impact of Bromeliads on Hawaii is cited. Method used by hybridizers to propagate Bromeliads in the state is revealed.
- LA SECT. LONCHOCARPUS DEL Gï¿½NERO LONCHOCARPUS (LEGUMINOSAE, PAPILIONOIDEAE, MILLETTIEAE): NUEVAS ESPECIES Y SUBESPECIE PARA Mï¿½XICO Y MESOAMï¿½RICA. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;ene2011, Issue 94, p27
No abstract available.
- Developments in Mabonia. Shaw, Julian // Plantsman: New Series;Mar2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p44
The article presents the findings of the research on the cultivated Mahonia. The research described several new species or taxa and validated cultivar names. Mahonia gracilipes is a distinctive species due to its white waxy underside of the leaflets and the species has two hybrids. The research...
- Studies on Orthophytum - Part IV: Two Unusual New Species from Brazil. Leme, Elton M. C.; Machado, Marlon C. // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p171
The article presents information on two species of Orthophytum from Brazil. The description and distribution of Orthophytum macroflorum are given. The flowers, species, distribution and description of Orthophytum schulzianum.
- Hymenocydus = Malephora. Hartmann, H. E. K. // Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants: Aizoaceae F-Z;2002, p63
This article compares various species of the succulent plants Hymenocyclus and Malephora.
- NEW NAMES FOR NATURAL HYBRIDS IN SARRACENIA. MELLICHAMP, LARRY // Carnivorous Plant Newsletter;Dec2008, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p112
The author identifies several natural hybrids of the plant Sarracenia in the U.S. He cites that he recognizes Sarracenia rosea Naczi, Case & Case in the Gulf Coast as a valid species formerly known as Sarracenia purpurea subspecies venosa variety burkii Schnell. He states that the hybrid...