LBO Loan Activity Heats up with Two Big Buyout Deals
- MARTIN H. DUBILIER: LBO AS THE ROAD TO DESTINY. Gilbert, Nathaniel // Management Review;Aug87, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the work of Martin H. Dubilier, co-founder and chief executive officer of U.S. leveraged buyout specialist Clayton & Dubilier Inc. Purchase of ITT Corp.'s Lawn and Garden Group, the business forms and supplies operation of Unisys Corp. and the Industrial Products Group from Borg...
- TSI's OID Increased... Again. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;2/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p2
Reports that Lehman Brothers increased the original issue discount on the leveraged buyout for telecommunications company TSI in February 2002.
- Banks Launch $1.375B TL for EMSC Buyout. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;4/11/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p30
The article reports that a bank consortium, including Barclays, Deutsche Bank and Morgan Stanley, plans to issue a 1.3275-billion U.S.-dollar worth of term loan backing Emergency Medical Services Corp.'s buyout.
- Banks Set OID on Hillman TL. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;5/3/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p22
The article reports that the original issue discount (OID) on a term loan B that is backing the acquisition of Hillman Cos. by Oak Hill Capital Partners has been set at 99 cents on the U.S. dollar by banks Morgan Stanley, Barclays and GE in 2010.
- Weather Channel's $1.3B TL Hits Market. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;3/15/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p7
The article offers information on the launching of a 1.3-billion-U.S.-dollar term loan that includes an original issue discount (OID) of 99 and a 1.5% London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) by Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse for television company TWCC Holding in Atlanta, Georgia and is...
- LBO Loan Activity Heats up with Two Big Buyout Deals. R. K. // Leveraged Finance News;4/11/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the rise of leveraged buyout (LBO) activity in the U.S. leveraged loan market in April 2011. It says that banks like Barclays PLC began shopping the term loans to back buyouts of Emergency Medical Services Corp. (EMSC) and SRA International Inc. It states that Providence...
- Banks Shop $3B TI for CIT Group. R. K. // Bank Loan Report;8/2/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
The article reports that a group of bank led by Bank of America Merrill Lynch have begun shopping a three billion term loan to help the CIT Group Inc. refinance its existing debt obligations. Accordingly, giant banks such as Deutsche Bank AG and Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. are on the right of the...
- TransUnion TL Deal Gets Sweeter. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;6/14/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p3
A bank consortium raising 940 million U.S. dollars in a term loan for Madison Dearborn Partners' acquisition of TransUnion has decided to increase the coupon and widen the loan's original issue discount (OID)
- Banks Tighten Solutia's OID at Last Minute. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;3/15/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p20
The article reveals that Deutsche Bank, Jefferies, Citigroup, HSBC and JPMorgan tightened original issue discount (OID) on the 750 million U.S.-dollar term loan for Saint Louis, Missouri-based chemical maker Solutia from 99 to 99.5 just before the end of the commitment deadline due to the strong...