The Gap Suits Up for $1B HY Deal
- Old Navy scuttles plans for Mount Vernon store. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;05/28/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 22
Reports on Old Navy's cancellation of its plan to open a store in Mount Vernon, New York. Reasons behind its decision; Number of stores it intends to open in 2001; Sales for the first quarter of 2001.
- Gap Sinks Further Into Abyss As Sept. Comp Sales Fall 8%. Weitzman, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/5/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 66, p1
Reports on the decline in the sales of United States-based clothing retailer Gap Inc. for the month of September 2000. Decline in sales for the fifth consecutive month; Management woes of the company; Impact of miscues and marketing and advertising strategies on the company's finances;...
- Gap getting the French knack. Weisman, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/9/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p16
Reports the plans of Gap International to open more stores in France. Information on French free standing stores; Why Gap is opening more stores in Paris, France; Price range of Gap jeans.
- Gap Struggles in August, Cites Slow Start to Back-to-School. Ryan, Thomas J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/31/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 42, p14
Reports on clothing firm Gap Inc.'s sales performance for August 2000. Percentage of decline in the company's sales; Trading of Gap shares on the New York Stock Exchange; Revenues by divisions.
- Retail sea change. Curan, Catherine // Crain's New York Business;07/12/99, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p1
Reports on Old Navy Clothing Inc.'s opening of its third clothing store in New York City. Locations of the company's first two stores; Impact of Old Navy on the area's clothing retailers; Problems faced by parent firm Gap Inc. from Old Navy's success in the city.
- Gap's Millard Drexler outlines plan to get even more business. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/14/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 52, p1
Provides information on the growth record of Gap Inc. according to Millard S. Drexler, president and chief executive officer of the clothing company. Mission of the company; Drexler's plans for the company; Marketing budget.
- Gap planning to roll out body shops. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/13/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 51, p2
Reports on Gap Inc.'s plan to expand its Gap Body bodywear and intimate apparel business. Gap's plan to open more Gap Body shops; Description of the shops; Success of the Gap Body test units.
- Cracks in the Gap. Weitzman, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/18/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 114, WWDYear in Fashion p19
Looks back at key developments concerning Gap Inc. in 2000. Problems experienced by the company in 2000; Decline in Gap's sales; Same-store sales; Remarks of Gap Chief Executive Officer Mickey Drexler.
- Another Disney Exec Joins Pressler at Gap. Karr, Arnold J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/14/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 78, p2
Reports on the appointment of Michael Tasooji to the executive vice president and chief information officer position at the New York-based clothing company, Gap Inc. Profile on Tasooji; Previous position held at Walt Disney Co.; Job responsibilities involving sourcing, quality assurance and...