Sheridan Price Talk Tops 15% Yield
- Comstock Ups Bond Offer to Price $300M. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/12/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p6
The article deals with the high yield bond offering of 300 million U.S. dollars by Comstock Resources, bringing the weekly total to greater than 1 billion U.S. dollars, in October 2009. Comstock, with headquarters in Frisco, Texas, is involved in oil and natural gas exploration and production....
- Geo Group Sells $250M in Junk Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/12/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p15
The article deals with 250 million U.S. dollars junk bonds issued by the Geo Group, bringing the total weekly volume to 1.335 billion U.S. dollars, in October 2009. The 7.75% senior notes, priced with an original issue discount (OID) of 98.55, will mature in 2017. Proceeds from the loan facility...
- When discounted bonds should be dumped. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;3/11/96, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p20
Discusses original issue discount bonds. Inclusion of zero-coupon bonds in affected securities; Accruement of interest by holders of original issue discount bonds regardless of the financial condition of the issuer; Recommendation for immediate retail of the bonds upon perception of the issuers...
- Information reporting for publicly offered OID instruments. Russ, Cary // Tax Executive;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p410
Discusses the US General Accounting Office's recommendation that the Internal Revenue Service increase its educational efforts in respect of the information reporting obligations associated with publicly offered original issue discount (OID) instruments. Definition of OID instruments; Ensuring...
- Accrual of OID income required on `troubled' debt instrument. Morris, Ronald A.; Pisem, Elliot // National Real Estate Investor;Jan96, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the taxation of original issue discount (OID) in the United States. Treatment of OID as a subclass of interest; Enactment of the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982; Taxpayer as holder of subordinated debentures issued with OID by a corporation under the Technical Advice...
- TSI's OID Increased... Again. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;2/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p2
Reports that Lehman Brothers increased the original issue discount on the leveraged buyout for telecommunications company TSI in February 2002.
- Headwaters Increases OID. // Bank Loan Report;8/12/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p3
Reports that Headwaters was forced to increase an original issue discount to allow it to borrow for its acquisition of Industrial Services Group in August 2002.
- Banks Set OID on Hillman TL. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;5/3/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p22
The article reports that the original issue discount (OID) on a term loan B that is backing the acquisition of Hillman Cos. by Oak Hill Capital Partners has been set at 99 cents on the U.S. dollar by banks Morgan Stanley, Barclays and GE in 2010.
- Weather Channel's $1.3B TL Hits Market. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;3/15/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p7
The article offers information on the launching of a 1.3-billion-U.S.-dollar term loan that includes an original issue discount (OID) of 99 and a 1.5% London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) by Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse for television company TWCC Holding in Atlanta, Georgia and is...