International Wire Pulls Dividend HY Deal
- Dividends in a Downturn. Peters, Josh // Morningstar DividendInvestor;Apr2008, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1
The author reflects on the worsening of the U.S. economy that somehow affected the dividend paying. The author states that there is little truth of dividend paying stocks as aid for reduce risk in portfolio of investors. It includes Jeremy Siegel's findings on high yield as exemplified by the...
- HEARTLAND HAILS DIVIDENDS. // Financial Planning;Jan2012, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on the warning of Heartland Advisors against making investments in high-yielding stocks without considering sector, capitalization and concentration style while recommending dividend stocks for having good returns.
- Hurricane Pulls Bond as Investors Fear EM Contagion. Appin, Rick // High Yield Report;7/30/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 30, pN.PAG
Focuses on reasons to distribute a special dividend to its shareholders by Canada-based high yield bond company Hurricane Hydrocarbons Ltd. Performance of the company in Kazakhstan; Advantages of special dividend for shareholders.
- The Dividend Harvest Portfolio. Peters, Josh // Morningstar DividendInvestor;Apr2008, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses the update of stock sales for dividend harvest portfolio, a list of asset held by individual of financial company. The sale of share including MuniMae, CapitalSource and TEPPCO Partners. Two new stocks that substituted the three companies includes Developers Diversified and...
- Mixed outlook for dividends. // Accountancy;Dec1992, Vol. 110 Issue 1192, p77
This article presents a mixed outlook for dividends in Great Britain in 1992. Many investment trusts will finally begin to feel the impact of an estimated 1% fall in dividends in 1992. At present, the trusts are paying out dividends earned in 1991 and early 1992 when dividends were still...
- Avoid the yield trap. Sampson, Annette // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2015, Issue 183, p76
The article presents guidelines for investors who are planning to invest in high yield stocks based on their dividend payout ratios. Topics discussed include the importance of checking the firm's history of increasing its dividend, the calculation of payout ratio, and reasons why investors...
- The Dangers Of Buying Without An Anti-Dividend Net. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;8/1/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p1
Focuses on the economic condition of high yield corporate debt dividend in the U.S. Importance of protection for bondholders; Indication of low dividend recapitalization; Demand of investors for anti-dividend deal covenants.
- Trustee Challenges in a Bear Market. Finley II, Edward J. // Trusts & Estates;Sep2012, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p30
The article discusses an Investments Committee Report on the behavior of individual U.S. trustees and investors in relation to public equities which have produced very little in terms of financial returns since 2002. Information is also provided on the use of a balanced investment portfolio, as...
- The Behavior of Electric Utility Common Stock Prices Near the Ex-Dividend Date. Finnerty, John D. // Financial Management (1972);Winter81, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p59
This paper has shown that the relatively high yields that electric utility common stocks afford are attractive to two classes of investors but for different reasons. First, taxable institutions that can claim the 85% dividends received deduction buy electric utility common stocks before the...