TSA Awards Potential $405 Million Contract To Covenant for Airport Security
- TSA PreCheck at SFO. // Travel Daily;11/20/2012, p5
The article reports on the launch of the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) Precheck Program by United Airlines Inc. at San Francisco, California International Airport Terminal 3.
- INSIDE SFO. McKAY, JIM // Emergency Management;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p26
The article focuses on the safety and security operations at the San Francisco International Airport (SFO). The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is the command center from which a major event is monitored, intelligence obtained and decisions made. Henry Thompson, associate deputy airport...
- Henry Thompson. McKay, Jim // Emergency Management;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p32
An interview with Henry Thompson, associate deputy airport director of Operations and Security for the San Francisco International Airport (SFO), is presented. Asked about the changes in safety and security in the last 10 years, Thompson begins by stating that SFO expanded its facilities in the...
- DHS To Spend $15 Million In Stimulus Funds At SFO. // Defense Daily;6/15/2009, Vol. 242 Issue 52, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said that it is providing $15 million for the construction of a new inline baggage handling system at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in California. It was also revealed that it will be constructed by using funding...
- TSA Posts Results Of Perimeter Security Trials. // Air Safety Week;8/30/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p9
The article reports on the results of the evaluation of FY 2006 Airport Perimeter Security (APS) pilot program in six U.S. airports. It mentions the six airports which participated the pilot program including San Francisco International Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport, and...
- Earthquake closes San Francisco airport for 13 hr., damages tower. O'Lone, R.G.; Henderson, B.W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/23/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 17, p20
Reports that the magnitude seven earthquake that hit Northern California recently forced San Francisco International Airport to close for 13 hours, but other aerospace facilities in the Bay area escaped major damage. Damage to SFO; Costs; Restricted traffic; Landings during quake; Other...
- Luggage-scanning cat. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/24/1992, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p21
Reveals some international passengers at San Francisco's International Airport will have their luggage inspected by an X-ray computer-assisted tomography (CAT) scan system during the next five months. The $4.8 million FAA test program uses an Imatron Industrial Products Inc. (Foster City,...
- Costs high for expansion plan. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/12/96, Vol. 237 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the cost of expansion plans at San Francisco International Airport in California. Takeover of revenue-producing projects; Need for cost-trimming in some aspects of the plans; Changes in management.
- Rain bogs down San Francisco Airport expansion plans. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;4/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30374, p1
Focuses on the construction delays in the San Francisco International Airport project in California. Cost of the delays to the project; Cause of the delays; Scheduled completion of the project.