CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Free press flees Cambodian coup. // Editor & Publisher;10/11/97, Vol. 130 Issue 41, p50
Focuses on the state of journalism in Cambodia under Hun Sen's new government. Exile of journalists who refuse to toe the line in keeping with Hun Sen's rule; Execution of Hun Sen's opponents; Hun Sen's promise that exiled journalists and politicians can return home.
- Leader Biography. // Cambodia Country Review;2010, p36
A biography of Hun Sen, Prime Minister of Cambodia is presented which outlines his personal information, background, previous positions taken.
- Leader Biography. // Cambodia Country Review;2012, p57
The article focuses on the political achievements of Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen including educational attainment and present and previous positions in the government.
- Cambodia's Economic Development Priorities. Hun Sen, Samdech // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Nov-Dec2000, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p13
Interviews Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen of Cambodia. Plans to use information and communication technology for national economic development; Actions to ensure security and hygienic food for tourists; Priorities for economic development.
- Hun Sen Officially Wins. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/18/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p8
Announces the victory of Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and his political party in the general elections of July 27, 2003. Breakdown of the percentage of votes garnered by the three political parties; Distribution of the allocation of seats in the assembly.
- Cambodian prime minister disowns lesbian daughter. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/8/2007, Issue 1037, p26
The article reports that Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen disowned his adopted daughter for being a lesbian. Hun Sen, speaking at a graduation ceremony in Phnom Penh said that he asked the court to cut her out of the family. Paradoxically, he made an appeal to parents and society not to...
- Beauties banned from Miss Universe contest. // Asian Pacific Post;9/7/2006, p5
The article reports on the decision of Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen to ban any Miss Cambodia pageants until the country's poverty level is reduced by more than half. The prime minister has ordered the cancellation of the Miss Cambodia contest because according to him, it wastes a lot of...
- Cambodia Power-Sharing Deal Could Usher In Wider Democratic Reform. Kheang Un // World Politics Review (19446284);7/31/2014, p1
The article reports that a power-sharing deal was formed between Cambodia's ruling party, Cambodian People's Party headed by Prime Minister Hun Sen and the National Rescue Party led by Sam Rainsy and Kem Sokha, ending the political crisis brought about by the country's July 2013 general elections.
- Cambodian ruler's troops pin refugees at Thai border. Stanmeyer, Anastasia // Christian Science Monitor;8/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 180, p6
Examines the plight of Cambodian refugees fleeing the movement of Hun Sen and his forces as they take over Cambodia in August of 1997. The closed border between Thailand and Cambodia; Refugee camps along the border; The aid that Thailand is giving the refugees; The areas set aside in Thailand...
- Cambodia's Prince Norodom Sirivudh was arrested yesterday. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;11/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 251, p2
Reports the arrest of Prince Norodom Sirivudh of Cambodia on charges of conspiracy to murder co-premier Hun Sen on November 21, 1995. Statement of the police; Denial of the charges by the same.