Tougher Rules Positive For Real Estate Sector
- Real Estate Roundtable. Mowry, Matthew J. // Business NH Magazine;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on the real estate industry in New Hampshire. It mentions that the market saw a 6% increase between 2008 and 2009. It says that the gain is due to the homebuyer tax credit which added new buyers into the market. It notes that buyers and companies are asking for major discount...
- Even slowdown is good news in real estate market review. Moore, Philip S. // Inside Tucson Business;6/12/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p12
The article highlights the forecast of several speakers who gathered at the third annual Executive Market Review of Tucson Real Estate. The speakers examined the local market for land, office space, residential construction, and industrial property. They also presented the economic outlook for...
- Good Fundamentals for Commercial. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;1/1/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p20
The article reports on the expectations of participants in the U.S. real estate business for 2007. Most believe that demand for commercial real estate investments will extend into the year. A slowing housing market and reduced demand that may impact the retail sector are, however, possible areas...
- Supply and Demand Still Rule. // Business News New Jersey;01/16/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
Provides an overview of the state of the real estate business in New Jersey, as of January 2001. Impact of the stock declines of high-technology companies on the commercial real estate market; Residential developers' increased interest in urban areas.
- Retailers targeting growing Fort Harrison market. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p30
Reports on the growth of the real estate market in the Fort Benjamin Harrison area in Indianapolis, Indiana in 2003. Positive performance of the residential and commercial real estate markets; Factors contributing to the growth.
- Koll Adds Avaya to Northern California High Rise. Williams, Daniel D. // Orange County Business Journal;7/16/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p48
Presents news briefs relating to the commercial and residential real estate industries of Orange County, California as of July 16, 2001. Inclusion of a lease signed by Avaya Inc. for space at Koll Development Co.'s Koll Dublin Corporate Center; Approval of the Sares-Regis Group's plan to...
- Selling the farm: White Settlement acreage hits auction block. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;11/06/98, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p12
Presents news briefs pertaining to real estate business in Texas for the week November 6 to 12, 1998. Hanley Auction Co.'s sale of property at Las Vegas Trail in White Settlement; Spray-Tech Inc.'s decision to lease property at Quad Center; Growth of the Metroplex multifamily market.
- Median new home closing price sets record. VanNierop, Deborah // Inside Tucson Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p17
Reports on real estate developments in Arizona as of November 12, 2001. Inclusion of the median price for a new construction home in September 2001; How the economic uncertainty in the greater Phoenix area extends to all sectors of residential and commercial construction; Features of the Rancho...
- Causality in Real Estate Markets: The Case of Hong Kong. He, Ling T.; Webb, James R. // Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management;Jul-Sep2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p259
Examines the causal price/rental relationship between the residential and the commercial real estate markets in Hong Kong, China. Contemporaneous causalities between residential and the three types of commercial properties; Similar responses of residential and commercial real estate markets to...