Rate Hikes To Continue
- Poland's rate cut cycle is over, c.bank says. // Regional Today;3/5/2015, p1
The article reports that the National Bank of Poland has stated that there will be no more cuts in the borrowing rate due to the risk of deflation.
- Rates On Hold, Cuts Possible In 2012. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p2
The article discusses the economic impact of the National Bank of Poland's on hold interest rate by 4.50 percent for the balance of 2011 in Poland. It predicts the possibility of an interest rate cut in 2012, with steady gradual global growth contributed by the central bank. The country was also...
- SLD deputy pushes anti-RPP law. Sparshott, Jeffrey // Warsaw Business Journal;12/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the monetary policy in Poland. Redefinition of policy goals of the National Bank of Poland; Change of legal framework for interest rates; Adaption of legal status of monetary policy on the Western standards.
- Poland: Rates To 6.00% By Year-End. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/3/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p15
An outlook for National Bank of Poland's (NBP) policy rate hike for 2008 is presented. A continued monetary policy tightening is projected throughout the year. It expects another rate hike in the first half of 2008. Inflation control is the short-term objective of NBP in a bid to restore...
- Poland: One More Rate Hike In 2007. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/5/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p18
The article reports that the National Bank of Poland (NBP) will implement one further 25bps hike in its benchmark interest to 4.50% in the fourth quarter of 2007. Domestic causes of price inflation will remain prominent and prompt the NBP to further tighten its monetary policy over the coming...
- More Rate Hikes To Come. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p3
The article presents economic forecasts from Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) for rate hikes in Poland. It states that the National Bank of Poland will continue to reduce its budget in 2011 while benchmark reference rate is expected to reach 4.50%. A table which shows economic...
- Global. // Iraq Business Forecast Report;Jan2009, p53
The article offers information on the global economic forecast of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) in 2008-2012. The economy of China would grow by 9.7% in 2009 while the U.S. economic recovery in 2010 would be modest at 2.4% rate as credit market levels out. Moreover, BMI projected...
- Inflation Risks Low As Demand Weighs. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p7
The article presents the Business Monitor International Ltd.'s (BMI) outlook on commodity prices and inflation risks in Slovenia. It highlights the weak domestic demand, decrease labour market, and poor credit growth as the underlying inflationary pressures that the government aims to limit. It...
- Poland's central bank cuts main rate. // Regional Today;01/10/2013, p2
The article reports that the National Bank of Poland has cut the benchmark seven-day reference rate to 4% in 2013.