LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY
- POSSIBILITY FOR PERSONAL WEALTH TAXATION SYSTEM IN LATVIA. Ketners, Karlis // Economic Science for Rural Development Conference Proceedings;Apr2015, Issue 37, p211
Taxation policy is one of the possible solutions to ensure development of the economy and can affect possible regional and social disparities and market distortions. One of the possible discussions in the field of the current Latvian tax policy is mainly based on reduction of income inequality...
- Latvia. // International Country Risk Guide Annual: Latvia;2012, p87
The article presents a country risk analysis for Latvia for year 2012. The assessment provides the country's political, financial, economic and composite risk ratings. It offers a commentary on key events, political challenges and policy implications facing the country, including the impact of...
- Political Conditions. // Latvia Country Review;2009, p10
The article provides an overview of the political condition of Latvia from 1991-2009.
- Government Functions. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p51
The article provides information on the government functions in Latvia as of 2012 including the legislative authority, judicial system, and constitution.
- Government Structure. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p53
The article provides an overview of the structure of government in Latvia as of 2012 including the country's executive branch, elections, and the type of government.
- Country Reports - Latvia: 24 Nov 2014 IHS Economics and Country Risk. // Latvia Country Monitor;2014, p1
The article offers information on the economic and political condition of Latvia as of November 2014 and provides forecast until 2018. Among the key indicators that were included in the forecast are economic growth, political stability, and consumer demand. Information regarding the country's...
- History. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p7
The article provides information on the political history of Latvia including the invasion of the Germans during the 13th century, the integration of Latvia under Russian rule after its victory over Sweden, and the Latvian referendum of independence from the Russians on March 3, 1991.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p12
The article provides an overview of Latvia's political and economic risk and business environment including the risks for the euro adoption in 2014, the 3.5 percent year-on-year increase of the gross domestic product (GDP) in the first quarter of 2011, and the impact of the investor sentiment on...
- The other presidential election. Davies, Philip John; Ozolins, Andrejs Valdis // Contemporary Review;Sep96, Vol. 269 Issue 1568, p113
Comments on the presidential elections in Latvia held on June 1996. Candidates; Debates surrounding the campaigns; Political tensions preceding the elections; Negotiated route to independence of Latvia from the former Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR); Political climate in the country;...