The uninvited brand
- Five Tips to Align Strategy with Social Media. TYLER, JANET // PR News;7/11/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 27, p8
The article offers helpful tips for aligning company strategy with the social media. The five-step plan for an engagement with social media framework includes prioritizing research, aligning social media planning with company strategy and executing social media efforts through a customized...
- PR Meets Marketing: Adversaries Find Common Ground in Cyberspace. // PR News;9/14/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 35, p1
The article offer recommendations to facilitate collaboration between public relations (PR) and marketing through social media. PR executives are recommended to first identify and compare their objectives with their marketing counterpart. The next step would be to evaluate the online profile and...
- The Beauty Business is Not for Sissies. BEYER, ALISA MARIE // Global Cosmetic Industry;Apr2012, Vol. 180 Issue 3, p22
The article offers tips and strategies in launching a successful business in the cosmetics industry. The author mentions that beauty entrepreneurs should have a clear vision of how to grow the business from business planning, financial management and budget. She states that it is also important...
- Entrepreneur's frustration leads to Web site software. Tronche, Jean-Laurent // Fort Worth Business Press;1/4/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p20
The article cites the role of necessity in the invention of SmartLogin, an application software that retains Web site login information and places a branded icon on the computer desktop, by Kirk Godby using SmartIcon Technologies LLC of Fort Worth, Texas as his vehicle.
- Social Media and Open-Source Intelligence Resources for the Modern Foreign Area Officer. SHEETS, DANIEL B. // FAOA Journal of International Affairs;Summer2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p5
The article discusses several social media exploitation tools that foreign area officer (FAO) can use to increase understanding of population sentiments and current events. It explores on several social media and open-source intelligence (OSINT) resources including Social Mention, IceRocket, and...
- US cities' branding initiatives represent a new PR paradigm. Bell, Desiree Peterkin // PRWeek (U.S.);Nov2011, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p26
The author argues that the branding initiatives of U.S. cities represent a new public relations (PR) paradigm. She emphasizes the need for municipal governments to craft multiplatform strategies as social media has transformed the way people establish and maintain relationships. She notes the...
- MARKETERS, START YOUR PR ENGINES. QUINTON, BRIAN // Chief Marketer;Apr/May2010, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p45
The article focuses on social media marketing through public relations optimization, which involves assessments on real-time search engines and trendings on social media websites.
- most read. // PRWeek (London);3/23/2012, p16
A list of the most read articles from the website prweek.com/uk is presented, including "The Economist Group Acquires TVC Group in Move to Create Content," which appeared on March 14, 2012, "London Fire Brigade's Richard Stokoe Slams Councils Over Social Media Use," which appeared on March 13,...
- Show me a story: How visual content is transforming social media. Allen, Donetta; Woodward, Jason; Lamp, Michael // Public Relations Tactics;May2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p16
The article offers strategies for public relations personnel to create an effective social media project that promotes their brand through image-driven information, such as selecting a platform where consumers actively participate and developing content that appeals to consumer's visual aesthetic.